Quantcast

Where is your favorite trail?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Mine is a section of singletrack somewhere outside of Seattle, WA. The trail is very slow and tight, and has tons of steep slippery rooted chutes, along with some bridges. I think it was the twistiest trail I have ever ridden. Being from soCal, the endlessly tacky dirt and the wet roots were eye-openers.

I want to get out to bootleg and maybe windrock sometime, because I love my rocks.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Mine is a freeride trail call Evolution. Its got some realy good jumps and drops. (biggest drop is 10ft.) The upper section has a 100ft log ride to a huge jump at the end of it. I'll try to get pics in a few minutes.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Heres some pics of trail called Scorpion, which links into Evolution. The first one is a log drop right before Evolution. Second is the jump off the 100ft log ride. Third is a 6ft stump drop on Evolution. And last, is a 75ft log ride to a small gap on Scorpion. Oh yeah, its in Bellingham, Wa.

Attachments

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Tar River...it was my humble beginning into mountainbiking..it broke my wrist, it messed up my ankle, it gave countless hours of enjoyment to my son and I. We learned how to jump there...him for his first time, me for my first time in 20 years. It wasnt big....it wasnt public..it never made any headlines, but it was mighty impressive in my book. Unfortunately it's gone, 18 miles of prime singletrack and 20 or so seperate jumps, drops, skinnies and dips to please just about everyone. It will be missed by a few of us for sure.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Trails are like snowflakes - no two are the same, and each one is cool.

Even a bad ride is still better than a day at work. I'd rather be on a crappy trial having fun with 20 friends than on a sweet trail all by myself. Most of the time.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
too many to list, but I dig ripper at diablo, as well as all of the trails off to the left when you get off the lift.

anything at bromont

basically anything fast, open, rocky and brutal.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
A trail In northern cali that is like the most insane fast DH ride ever.

OHHH....I wanna ride it so bad right now

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I love Mammoth CA terrain. Blown-out, sandy, rutted, open, and way fun. Kamikaze is a classic, Velocity is a blast, etc.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Too hard to pick just one. But if I could throw out a top three in no particular order...

'93 Cactus Cup course RIP (Pinnacle Peak) - Scottsdale, AZ
Reno - Flag - Bear - Dead man / Doctor's park - Crested Butte, CO
Organ Donar - Little Bear - Schultz creek - Flagstaff, AZ

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Hard to say....

DH: At Plattekill there are a couple of fall-line routes through the trees off the triple chair that are sooo much fun.

XC: Just about anything at Jim Thorpe.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I love them all, but Slacks Run>White Rock Trl @ Sherando, Gauntlet @ Carvin's Cove and Brushy Hollow @ Douthat are my favorite local trails.

All of them are fairly tough climbs, with some of the best descents in the state as a payoff.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BikerBoy28 said:
Heres some pics of trail called Scorpion, which links into Evolution. The first one is a log drop right before Evolution. Second is the jump off the 100ft log ride. Third is a 6ft stump drop on Evolution. And last, is a 75ft log ride to a small gap on Scorpion. Oh yeah, its in Bellingham, Wa.
:stupid: Could be longer though. I'm glad they're doing good things with Galby.

I'm also a fan of Snakonia, even though it's a little intense the whole way down.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I can't narrow it down to one.

~Porcupine Rim, Moab Utah. Just straight up amazing trail.
~Tunnel trail, Santa Barbara. Nothing like it, a 20 minute pummeling by hug friggen rocks. This trail doesn't flow, but it tests your skills and endurance.
~Downieville. 15 miles of flowy singletrack perfection. so goddamned fun.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
1.) Telegraph trail(and all the trails around it in the Horse Gulch area) in Durango. I guess I love those trails because they couldn't be any more different from the ones I ride every day in NC.

2.) Tanasi trails at the Occoe Whitewater Center, eastern Tennessee. Fun, flowy, really nice venue. Beautiful surroundings the whole time.

3.) Black Mountain, NC

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
There are many and spread from Hawaii to Norway (going NE and E).
Just rode Post Canyon and Timothy Lake over the weekend.
Timothy Lake is good if you're out of shape. Not exactly a technical epic but a fun enough trail nevertheless.
We just had time for a quick 2 hour loop in Post Canyon but it seems like there's nearly endless opportunities there.
Generally my favorite trail involves one that is close to good food and ale for post ride refueling.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Qman said:
We just had time for a quick 2 hour loop in Post Canyon but it seems like there's nearly endless opportunities there.

Post is one of my favorite trails on an XC bike:D Yes, there are endless trail loops there.

Pilchuck Treefarm, WA. OMG, the flowy trails are so amazing:heart:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Zark said:
I can't narrow it down to one.

~Porcupine Rim, Moab Utah. Just straight up amazing trail.
~Tunnel trail, Santa Barbara. Nothing like it, a 20 minute pummeling by hug friggen rocks. This trail doesn't flow, but it tests your skills and endurance.
~Downieville. 15 miles of flowy singletrack perfection. so goddamned fun.
Your list is almost exactly what I was just thinking while reading through this thread.

~Anything at Whistler.

~I would choose Cold Springs over Tunnel. They both are amazing, but CS just flows so much better IMO. (it also feels much shorter which sucks)

~Downieville - I just got back from there this weekend. Did a 'Big Boulder' loop. You ride the upper Pauly Creek downhill, which reminds me a little of Porcupine Rim (really fast charging open rocks). Then a retarded climb to siiiiick singletrack that pops you out at the top of 3rd Divide (about 20 feet from the top of the climb.. you would never see it if you didn't know it was there). IMO one of the most epic rides out there.

~Tower Trail in San Luis Obispo - fast rocks, steep rocks, gnarly rocks, steep sketchy sections, etc, etc, = fun.

~Auburn / Tahoe area - too many to mention.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
-Whistler: Dirt Merchant: The step downs/ups are so much fun.

-Santa Barbara: Tunnel Trail

That's wierd. Coldsprings seems about 3 to 4 times as long as Tunnel to me. :looney:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Every time I am asked this question, Dirt Merchant instantly pops into my head as the most pure fun. DM/Lower A-line/Hornet/Drops/Beer at GLC wins it for me.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i just rode Washington State's longest descending trail at 5800 feet of descent in 9 miles (Icicle Ridge). Couple weeks back i did 3 rides in the Kettle Crest.

Next week's Esmerelda ride will be awesome, then McKenzie River Trail the week after, then Mt. St. Helens, then Hamilton Peak.

i mean how am i supposed to pick....