Quantcast

where might people be riding this weekend?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I might head over to Taneum this weekend. My motorcycle club is camping up where the ridge roller pops out....Taneum Junction? :think: I think it is called the "ridge roller" Still not commited....but there is free beer and pop to club members and their friends. :D So it might jsut be a fun weekend. lol

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
RhinofromWA said:
I might head over to Taneum this weekend. My motorcycle club is camping up where the ridge roller pops out....Taneum Junction? :think: I think it is called the "ridge roller" Still not commited....but there is free beer and pop to club members and their friends. :D So it might jsut be a fun weekend. lol
Have you quit dh'ing??? Where ya been! :confused:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MUTOLI said:
Have you quit dh'ing??? Where ya been! :confused:
Hiding....no insurance, means no DHing for Rhino.....I aint screwing up like that a second time. :monkey: Still have my Vintage Rotec but have been soing short road rides on my HT for entertainment lately.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey Rhino. Make sure and ride Hoyt Mine trail this time. ;) pops out at the bottom of camp. Not too far away is the old lodge(big abandoned bldg in a clearing in the woods).

"Ridge Roller" is the Taneum Ridge trail.

Might get out locally at Beaver Lake or Uncle Milty's Fish Farm for something different. Early start due to family stuff both days....

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I'll probably ride some skatepark in the south puget sound region on saturday and possibly the peak shuttle on sunday

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Duuv: Gate's still closed. Did 3 laps tonight. Just a couple little puddles but all in all, bone dry. Yummy.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Might just go over to Taneum tomorrow morning and beat the motos. Circle Jerk that I am I might just hit the ridge for a couple of rides. If I still have any gas then its Gooseberry Flats. That should be enough. :p

Jun 18, 2004
Borneo said:
Duuv: Gate's still closed. Did 3 laps tonight. Just a couple little puddles but all in all, bone dry. Yummy.
I was out there earlier yest... that's one of my fav trails in this area... I'm greatfull to the peep's that took me out there and I enjoyed that one (rainny) day when I could help trail build...

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
RhinofromWA said:

I just came over from Taneum Junction. The "Stumpjumpers" were there in numbers. I ran the ridge a couple of times, on the second time down I was really getting into the "flow". I think the last time that happened was last year! :evil: Anyway I was going down the hill when a couple of motos decided to come up it. I remember something about yielding to uphill riders but I also remembered Josh posting that if you had a good flow going they should yield to you. Anyway the motos pulled over and said something and I continued. I still cant believe more mountain bikers dont hit that trail. For the record its about 2800 feet plus 20 miles for two runs. but the ride can be shuttled. :) It still has two kind of technical climbs. If you are into that sort of thing the second one is kind of interesting.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hehehe.
Keith, try some of the other trails in that area and you'll change your mind. It's avg for the area and many others are much better. You know some of the others I mentioned.