Quantcast

Where oh where will the floor be found...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the main thrust of the clip is that the goalposts have already been dug up & replanted in the red zone

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well it appears to have dropped 100K drop in a pretty short time (before the election). Hold on to your wallet after the election.

Not to create another bet.... So if the 0bama "rich" goes down to, say $75k, you are good with that?
He said that the money should go to people who make less "insert arbatrary figure here". He didn't say that people making between $151k and $249k will no longer be eligible.

Dude, you are seriously trying to hard. I know you don't make more than $150k, so why even worry?

<edit> yes, I'm cool with that.

How many times do I have to say it?

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA FOR A TAX BREAK. I AM VOTING IN SUPPORT OF MY MILITARY AND IN SUPPORT OF MY ENVIRONMENT. I WANT MY FELLOW VETS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF, AND I WANT MY EARTH TO LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR MY DAUGHTER TO ENJOY.

If taxes are all you care about, then you must be a Paulturd.

Last edited:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
He said that the money should go to people who make less "insert arbatrary figure here". He didn't say that people making between $151k and $249k will no longer be eligible.

Dude, you are seriously trying to hard. I know you don't make more than $150k, so why even worry?

<edit> yes, I'm cool with that.

How many times do I have to say it?

I AM NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA FOR A TAX BREAK. I AM VOTING IN SUPPORT OF MY MILITARY AND IN SUPPORT OF MY ENVIRONMENT. I WANT MY FELLOW VETS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF, AND I WANT MY EARTH TO LAST LONG ENOUGH FOR MY DAUGHTER TO ENJOY.

Just for fun, at what point would you say that floor is too low? If there isn't one, just say so.
BTW, as for the military, how do expect the military to be well served with a proposed 25% Defense cut? Just curious.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just for fun, at what point would you say that floor is too low? If there isn't one, just say so.
BTW, as for the military, how do expect the military to be well served with a proposed 25% Defense cut? Just curious.

There is no floor. A tax cut would be cool, but I have very little debt and live well within my means. Others could learn to do the same as I have. After 12 years in the military, I have supported my country with my life and my pocket book. I have no sense of entitlement and freely pay my taxes.

When we leave Iraq, we now have a surplus, correct?

Look at the military voting records for both Obama and McCain. Tell me who supports the military and who SAYS they support the military.

From the Army Times:
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/10/military_vets_congress_reportcard_100708

Why would so many military leaders support Obama if he didn't know what he was doing?

From Major-General J. Scott Gration:
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977482246

"I gotta tell you honestly that I was a Republican at that point," Gration says now.

Gration is a decorated major general who retired from the Air Force after 32 years. He says he voted for George W. Bush in 2000.

But time can change a man.

Gration did take that trip with Obama. And he watched as the young senator from Illinois confronted Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki over corruption.

"The press people had to pay to get in - but they didn't get receipts," he said. "The senator was respectful, but he confronted that. It took courage. He didn't have to do it."

Gration says he knows Obama's talk-about-it approach has been characterized as "naive and foolish."

But it was that approach that won Obama one of his biggest military fans.

"I was taken by him as a leader," Gration said. "Not so much as a Democrat, but as a leader."

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, apparently the McCain campaign is grasping at straws, because a senior McCain adviser mentioned Biden's errant comment of 150k tax ceiling on MSNBC just now.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Dead link.

Why would so many military leaders support Obama if he didn't know what he was doing?

From Major-General J. Scott Gration:
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977482246
This guy is a full-on anti-nuke. Hats off to him (and you) for serving this country, but I am not thrilled with that level of judgement.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
LOL!

When did Barney Frank become a Presidential candidate?

Maybe Obama will make him SecDef?

Or did you know the Standard-Times, which is listing this quote of "called for a 25 percent cut in military spending", is owned by Rupert Murdoch? LOL

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081024/NEWS/810240332/-1/NEWS10

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dead link.
Here:
Vets group slams McCain on voting record

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
Posted : Wednesday Oct 8, 2008 12:38:28 EDT

The nation&#8217;s most prestigious group for Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans released a congressional scorecard on Tuesday that ranks Republican presidential candidate John McCain as having one of the worst voting records when it comes to supporting troops and veterans.

The grade is due to his absence on several key votes on military and veterans&#8217; issues over the last two years.

McCain, ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee and a decorated Navy fighter pilot who spent 5½ years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, received a D on the report card from Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. He is one of nine lawmakers &#8212; four senators and five members of the House of Representatives &#8212; who received a D or F from the nonprofit, nonpartisan group.

McCain&#8217;s presidential campaign staff did not respond to calls asking for comment on the report.

Two people &#8212; both Republicans &#8212; received an F: Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

For senators, scores were based on 10 votes involving increased funding for veterans&#8217; programs, expansions of benefits, a vote to purchase Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles and four separate votes at various stages of consideration of the Post-9/11 GI Bill of Rights and co-sponsorship of the bill.

McCain&#8217;s Democratic challenger, Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois, received a B on the report card, the same grade received by Obama&#8217;s vice presidential running mate, Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del. Obama and Biden also missed key votes; Obama missed four and Biden three.
Support for troops does not end when they get off the plane home. Some people (GWB) seem to think it does.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
what are we talking - 2% of mil leaders O6+? i actually don't know, but that's where i'd put it.
The majority of active military officers do not disclose who they are voting for out of respect for the sitting president (as it was told to me by my commanding officer). So to have as many openly support him is quite a big number in that regard.

Based on conversations with military personnel in Oregon, Obama holds about 70% of the votes at the military department headquarters in Salem. You will also see a number of "Veterans for Obama" stickers in the officers parking lot.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Dead link.

This guy is a full-on anti-nuke. Hats off to him (and you) for serving this country, but I am not thrilled with that level of judgement.
What kind of judgment are you looking for in a military person?? Just curious.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am not sure why, but the statement "...I believe if you could get rid of all the nuclear weapons this would be a wonderful world." struck me as a bit naive.
So you think the more nukes the better, even though we have WAY more than you could ever use.

Yet you are anti-abortion when we have WAY more unwanted children than we can support as a nation.

Interesting double standard.

So if we could nuke unwanted kids as long as it's not called "abortion" you are cool with that?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I am not sure why, but the statement "...I believe if you could get rid of all the nuclear weapons this would be a wonderful world." struck me as a bit naive.
I suppose we have to assume that this career military officer based his opinion on decades of experience, hardly worth the paper he wrote it on.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
So you think the more nukes the better, even though we have WAY more than you could ever use.

Yet you are anti-abortion when we have WAY more unwanted children than we can support as a nation.

Interesting double standard.

So if we could nuke unwanted kids as long as it's not called "abortion" you are cool with that?

A bit fuzzy logic there. Just because I think no-nukes is not good does not imply that more is better.

Where are you seeing that we have WAY too many unwanted childern that we can support? Because a single mom cannot afford a child, kill it? Have you ever heard of adoption?

Where is the double std?

No nukes == no deterrent.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
A bit fuzzy logic there. Just because I think no-nukes is not good does not imply that more is better.

Where are you seeing that we have WAY too many unwanted childern that we can support? Because a single mom cannot afford a child, kill it? Have you ever heard of adoption?

Where is the double std?

No nukes == no deterrent.
Nukes == Nuclear Proliferation

**Edit

I don't think anyone would disagree that nukes can act as a deterrent, but stating that nobody having them is obviously better does not correlate to you not thinking they are a deterrent.

Last edited:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
I suppose we have to assume that this career military officer based his opinion on decades of experience, hardly worth the paper he wrote it on.
That might be a reasonable conclusion if all (or most all) experience military officers believed this. What value of "the paper" would you give to those military big-wigs who disagree with this guy?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Nice utopia. Works well WRT gun control. Just ask those in Washington DC.
What's wrong with his belief??? He's not forcing his belief on others in a way that infringes on you or myself, and like I said, I can pretty much guarantee you that he does live in reality and recognizes that since nukes do exist, that yes they do act as a deterrent....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
And our nuclear arsenal did so much for us on September 10th.

Welcome to the 21st century.
We are not getting rid of our ICBM, aircraft carriers, JSF fighters, sat tech, etc.

We don't have to increase the spending either. And scaling back is not getting rid of.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You filthy rich bastards. Do I here $100k?
Yes, $120k is in fact less than $250k.

Therefore, under Obama's tax plan, you will get a tax cut at $120k. You will even get a tax cut the year after when you get a raise to $130k.

What part of this concept escapes you?

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes
liberals raise taxes

am I doin it rite?

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Yes, $120k is in fact less than $250k.

Therefore, under Obama's tax plan, you will get a tax cut at $120k. You will even get a tax cut the year after when you get a raise to $130k.

Well $42.5K is less than $250K as well. Why not just say that?:huh: In case you missed it, by lowering the level of what they define as "rich", they are showing their true colors.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well $42.5K is less than $250K as well. Why not just say that?:huh: In case you missed it, by lowering the level of what they define as "rich", they are showing their true colors.
Nothing has changed, that's the part you seem to not understand. They don't define what rich is, the GWB economy is doing that for us.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
You're having a really hard time understanding the difference between lowering taxes, maintaining taxes, and raising taxes. Did you follow that? There are three (3), tres, options here, not two (2), dos.