Quantcast

Where should we ride?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
A friend of mine has moved back into town and wants to ride. Both of us are a little out of shape. We rode Tolt/Mac tree farm last week. we both walked to the top, first time I've ever had to walk more then ride...:banghead:

We rode colonade a few times, but I'd like to get out of town and show him some other stuff (trails).

We are in Seattle and have cars...

thoughts/suggestions?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
We are riding 26" hardtails.

Tiger would be perfect but it's closed for the season...:(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
When i get my strength in my wrist back, i want to head up and ride more Anacortes, Galbraith, and try out Chuckanut too.

It sounds like your cardio is down so it might be worthy just to hit Sawyer or Banner though...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Banner or the like could be good. I'll have to check w/ my buddy and see how much pedaling he wants to do.

How's your wrist doing? can you ride at all?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
You should check out the trails at Sawyer on the East side of 169. They drain very well and don't get many riders at all :thumb:

Edit: but watch out for the attacking Grouse!

Last edited:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Banner or the like could be good. I'll have to check w/ my buddy and see how much pedaling he wants to do.

How's your wrist doing? can you ride at all?
Yah i posted a ride this Saturday for South Seatac. Only Snacks signed up, only because she's embarrassed for me nobody is signing up. It's good at least somebody pity's me...

But yah i'm not even sure if i should ride there yet, i can ride road and dirt roads just fine, but my hand is like 50% strength so i haven't done anything even slightly technical. All the XC trails are pretty easy at SST so....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
GrandRidge could be good.
Great trail for cardio, terribly unfun build. Although i still have yet to ride the new switchback section.

Will be really nice experience to get in a good cardio ride with GR, in combination with riding fun trails at Duthie once it's done.

Maybe i should go ride Grand Ridge instead, that is pretty easy trail.....