Quantcast

Where the F is Stosh this morning?? And Good Thursday Morning Monkeys!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
No Stosh today? Is he presenting his final school project or something?

And Good Thursday Morning Monkeys! How the hell is everyone today?

I went for a good 20 mile road ride with IAB, MBC and Laura last night. We rode at a pretty good clip last night - just a beautiful night to be out on a road bike.

My damned allergies (they've gotten increasingly worse over the last couple of years) are driving me nuts. Gotta do something about this stuffy nose, itchy eyes, scratchy throat thing.

Physical Therapy is tough work - but I know the dividends (no surgery) are worth it so I'm going to do my best at it. My legs are pooped right now though after last night's ride and this morning's PT session.

What's everyone got in store for tonight?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning! Looks like rain is coming. So much for a ride tonight. :(

Doing well. I'm tired as hell though. My wife is sick and had me up all night with her coughing and tossing/turning. I feel bad for her; she can't take any meds because of being pregnant. :(

Keep up the PT. If it starts to hurt, ask for some BioFreeze. My sister is a PTA and she hooked me up with some for my hockey aches and pains. Good stuff!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
did a short xc ride at Pittstown S.F. - the frigging bugs were driving me nuts

oday its back to crappy weather, real windy & 15 degrees cooler than it should be for May 12th

I plan to do a 25-30 mile group road ride after work

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning Mark! It rained last night and more rain is in the forcast I'm afraid.:( I'm headed out in about 20 mins. for a road ride. Gotta get some miles in before it starts to fall again. Tonight I'm watching my daughter while the wife goes to some candle party or something... That's about it. Have a good day all!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning Mark!

Should be a fun night tonight - gonna go out with a few friends, have a few beers, shoot some pool... And I'm calling in sick tomorrow! :D

Oh, and I just had a conference call to get some feedback from my latest project at work, and the call went great - we were all very productive and everyone seems to like what I'm doing.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
'morning Mark!

Should be a fun night tonight - gonna go out with a few friends, have a few beers, shoot some pool... And I'm calling in sick tomorrow! :D

Oh, and I just had a conference call to get some feedback from my latest project at work, and the call went great - we were all very productive and everyone seems to like what I'm doing.
Have a fun night!

What are you going to do on your "sick day?"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Have a fun night!

What are you going to do on your "sick day?"
Recover from my "fun night" ;)

There's a bunch of stuff that I need to do: sleep in, go to Jenn's brother's baseball game, pick up Rubbermaid containers to do some preliminary packing for my upcoming move... I'm hoping to get a ride in there but I overdid it on my leg workout the other night and I'm still a bit sore :dead:

Mostly just feel like I need a break. And this is one of the few weekends left this summer that I don't have a bunch of stuff planned, so I figured it'd be a prime 3-day weekend.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yeah so we can ride as a group. I couldn't hang with you on Route 10.

Next time we go out on that route, lets try to stretch it out a bit by adding a few more miles on somehow. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Last night a small group of us rode at a local XC spot for a couple hours. Sessioning some jumps and drops.

I am now the master of a 2+ ft. drop :) and sticking a double jump. I'm thinking about giving up racing XC and moving on to DH and BMX.

After that how can the rest of the week not rock! Have a great day!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
Poor girl.

Would you PM me her address so I can send a condolance card?

;)
well ya know even the possibility of me being a one woman man is kind of ground breaking really. we will see what happens though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Snacks said:
Last night a small group of us rode at a local XC spot for a couple hours. Sessioning some jumps and drops.

I am now the master of a 2+ ft. drop :) and sticking a double jump. I'm thinking about giving up racing XC and moving on to DH and BMX.

After that how can the rest of the week not rock! Have a great day!!
Way to go Snacks!!! :thumb:

J

JRB

morning, Mark - meeting with some important folks from Clark Co, NV today, and taking tomorrow off to go camping with Wumpus.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
that is the plan, right?
the ridemonkeydotcom Peleton?

Are we just going to take a leisurely ride or set a goal of doing the 50 miles say in 3 hours?
Leisurely ride. :) I mean, we're not going to stop and smell any roses, but it won't be a hammerfest.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
....Only when the sun reflects off the binoculars. :sneaky:
Why would she see that? We all know biggins' preferences; I seriously doubt he ever has 'em pointed at her when her back isn't turned... ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Busy day here. Had to move all of my chairs, stands and percussion equiptment up to the auditorium (no freakin' elevator :mumble: ) Then, we had our jazz band dress rehearsal. Helped out with some of the 8th grade chorus rehearsal and then I have a band dress rehearsal and I am accompaning the 6th grade chorus during rehearsal as well. Concert tonight so no riding :(

Went for a ride last night...I thought I was doing pretty crappy, Sq-Earl didn't think I was doing too bad (but what does he know ;) ) Grilled some burgers when we got home and watched Alias.

That is all I have to report...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
I plan to stop and smell and eat and drink the free food and beverages that are provided! :oink:

oh, there is sag along the way! nice!

I only knew there was suppose to be lots of food at the finish