Quantcast

Where the F is Stosh this morning?? And Good Thursday Morning Monkeys!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
there was 4 stops - I think on the 50 mile route last year and there was so much food it was funny.
Yeah - lots of different typse of sports drinks, apples, oranges, bananas, power bars, odwalla bars, and usually a tent with a mechanic at each rest stop as well. :cool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
McGRP01 said:
or even

congrats on the drop- and jumpage, Snacks. nothing going on with me except that i'm going to see the IMAX show Robots since i got a free ticket :dancing:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
or even

congrats on the drop- and jumpage, Snacks. nothing going on with me except that i'm going to see the IMAX show Robots since i got a free ticket :dancing:
Thanks T! When are we heading up North again? Shore trip is in the works for the 28th of this month.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snacks said:
Thanks T! When are we heading up North again? Shore trip is in the works for the 28th of this month.
sounds fun :thumb: but i'm signed up to do the mountain bike leg for a sea to ski team. http://www.bellingham.com/skitosea/ for non-locals. from june 4 onward i'm done with school for the time being so will be free every weekend for shore/whistler excursions +/- social obligations.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
sounds fun :thumb: but i'm signed up to do the mountain bike leg for a sea to ski team. http://www.bellingham.com/skitosea/ for non-locals. from june 4 onward i'm done with school for the time being so will be free every weekend for shore/whistler excursions +/- social obligations.
Haha! That bike on the site looks about as old as yours! Good Luck! I have always wanted to do one of those race type things :)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Wooo-hooo!

My wife just called and said she got a job teaching 6th grade science for next school year!:thumb:

It only took 3 extra years of school and she will make less than at her previous job, but now she gets to enlighten young minds with the wonders of science. I am so frikkin' excited we will have a second income next year that I had to tell somebody. Thanks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DNA said:
Wooo-hooo!

My wife just called and said she got a job teaching 6th grade science for next school year!:thumb:

It only took 3 extra years of school and she will make less than at her previous job, but now she gets to enlighten young minds with the wonders of science. I am so frikkin' excited we will have a second income next year that I had to tell somebody. Thanks.
Thats awesome congrats!!!

My GF's a teacher. How is the school district she will be working in?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Thanks. The district is great. We live in a university town, so education is well supported. The school she will be at has the lowest-SES students, so it will still be challenging. Didn't your GF struggle a bit in her first year (was it this year?). Did she work everything out?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
DNA said:
Thanks. The district is great. We live in a university town, so education is well supported. The school she will be at has the lowest-SES students, so it will still be challenging. Didn't your GF struggle a bit in her first year (was it this year?). Did she work everything out?
She still struggling and still hates it.... not sure what else to say. She works with a tough bunch.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bummer man, hopefully it will improve. My wife has assured me that she put in at least 5 years before changing careers (again) even if it sucks. I think she knows what she is getting into though.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
was down in NY today to give a presentation to a sr committee...was a bit rough at times but overall went very well once they listened to reason and logic. :D

off to philly now for an all-day meeting. hope the nice weather is still there when i get home.

J

JRB

narlus said:
was down in NY today to give a presentation to a sr committee...was a bit rough at times but overall went very well once they listened to reason and logic. :D

off to philly now for an all-day meeting. hope the nice weather is still there when i get home.
We had some rough times in our meeting today, too. Looks like I am going to Vegas quarterly for the next couple of years because of it. I have never been, but will soon be a regular it looks like.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
We had some rough times in our meeting today, too. Looks like I am going to Vegas quarterly for the next couple of years because of it. I have never been, but will soon be a regular it looks like.
Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher
There's a thousand pretty women waitin' out there
And they're all livin' devil may care
And I?m just the devil with love to spare
Viva las vegas, viva las vegas

How I wish that there were more
Than the twenty-four hours in the day
'cause even if there were forty more
I wouldn't sleep a minute away