Quantcast

Where the hell is the "I crashed my 'Vette" thread?!?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'd like to think that JD was the victim of a stolen car joy-ride gone awry.
Or he dropped a taco in his lap and lost control.
Either way, I hope nobody was hurt and the parts needed for the truck build are still intact.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd like to think that JD was the victim of a stolen car joy-ride gone awry.
Or he dropped a taco in his lap and lost control.
Either way, I hope nobody was hurt and the parts needed for the truck build are still intact.
Is it just me or does the shadow in the picture kinda look like Raptor Jesus?

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Eric, you couldn't be more correct. I am amazed at how well it took the impact. Funny thing is with all that front end damage, I would have thought the air bags would have deployed. My only thought is the passenger side to the bulk of the damage with no passenger to bag.

Last edited:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Eric, you couldn't be more correct. I am amazed at how well it took the impact. Funny thing is with all that front end damage, I would have thought the air bags would have deployed. My only thought is the passenger side to the bulk of the damage with no passenger to bag.
Airbags should only deploy in certain situations, like head on collisions where the impact is hard enough. Maybe with the rolling you lost enough speed that by the time you hit the embankment you were below the threshold for them to deploy?

The C7 interior is pretty great. But the exterior isn't doing much for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
only the roof and hood panels are carbon...just like the ZR1 has/had. no official word on pricing yet too
Still comes in at 3300lbs and 450hp, that is bad ass. 1/3 of the weight of a fiberglass panel.

The original story was a full carbon body. Either way, I noticed a difference in the hood of the ZR1 compared to Joe's base C6. The base C6 isn't heavy to start with.

The original price point was $55k base, but during the reveal they talked more like $53k base. After driving the ZR1 and spending much quality time with Joe's C6, I have no doubt the base C7 would be plenty for me as a driver.

The ZR1 I drove is still for sale.
http://www.carrchevworld.com/VehicleDetails/used-2009-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1_w/3ZR-Beaverton-OR/1815513543

$66,501. Its a steal.

<edit> It was listed for $75k when I drove it. PO hit the front and damaged the nose. All new nose and front carbon dam.

Last edited: