Quantcast

Where to buy Silkolene?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Did a search, couldn't seem to find much of anything. I'm looking to get 1L of 2.5, 5, and 7wt Silkolene Pro RSF oil, but online many of the places that stock it don't have 1 or the other, or are in the UK.

Anyone know if any MTB distributors can get it?

Thanks!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'd suggest finding the US Fuchs/Silkolene distributor/s first (google helps if their website doesn't), and calling them directly to ask for local retailers (or failing that, mail order retailers). That's what I did here, and the distributor found 2-3 local motorcycle shops carrying the stuff, and between them I can find all weights.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sounds like I'll pursue that - I heard that QBP has it, I will check at the shop tomorrow, but figured I'd ask first before scouring a bunch of catalogs :).

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I bought it (well, 10wt but I'm sure they have them all) for my moto at cycle-parts.com. They also have every other synthetic shock oil known to man.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Most any local moto shop can order it up. I have never seen any around Ventura county that actually carry it though.

Why Silkolene? Check out the Redline stuff or Pro-Circuit PC-02. The Maxima stuff (purple label RSF) is pretty easy to find in different weights if you're wanting to play around with different viscosities.