Quantcast

Where to find a jumpin park?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I know that a lot of them are built in hidden areas but where might i find some in the Pasadena, CA area? I need some small jumps too cuz i haven't been jumping in a while.

On a side note...where you you get the dirt to build all those jumps? I mean sure you can dig here and there but some of those jumps look like they require A LOT of dirt. Thanks.

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
I've found some good ones using this website...

www.dirtjump.net

You can do a search for those in your area but keep in mind that a lot of them are written by 13 year old kids so the directions are shady. "...Dood, like, go left by the 7-11 and then up to the red house and go right and stuff..."

I just go into the more BMX specific shops and just ask the guys there. That is always a good lead.

A

a13x

make sure you cool if you show up to some jumps all ready to session and guys are already there. don't take to kindly to newbies riding the trials.. show respect for the jumps.

lotta times the big jumps are filled with random junk. logs, 55 gallon drums (careful might compress), bodies, etc etc.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I went to Dirtjumpers.net and they weren't a help. I went to the trail database and they wanted me to enter a trail. How do I surf this site? Thanks.

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Originally posted by Dog Welder
I went to Dirtjumpers.net and they weren't a help. I went to the trail database and they wanted me to enter a trail. How do I surf this site? Thanks.
Yeah, that website has so much potential but the delievery leaves something to be desired. The only way I found useful for that database is to just do a search for all of california. That way, every trail listed in CA will show up. Then, you'll have to decipher what they are talking about. It's not a sure fire method but like I said, I have found some places that I didn't know about before. Many of which were abandonded but after a little work, were good to go again.

I agree with Al3x that you should be cool when showing up to a new jump spot. Showing up with a shovel and a pick ax shows that you are willing to do some maintence. I will fix lips or repair lines if need be and they are always stoked to see somebody who is willing to dig.

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Originally posted by steve

Yeah, that website has so much potential but the delievery leaves something to be desired. The only way I found useful for that database is to just do a search for all of california. That way, every trail listed in CA will show up. Then, you'll have to decipher what they are talking about. It's not a sure fire method but like I said, I have found some places that I didn't know about before. Many of which were abandonded but after a little work, were good to go again.

I agree with Al3x that you should be cool when showing up to a new jump spot. Showing up with a shovel and a pick ax shows that you are willing to do some maintence. I will fix lips or repair lines if need be and they are always stoked to see somebody who is willing to dig.
Don't mind me. Just a test.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I know that a lot of them are built in hidden areas but where might i find some in the Pasadena, CA area? I need some small jumps too cuz i haven't been jumping in a while.

On a side note...where you you get the dirt to build all those jumps? I mean sure you can dig here and there but some of those jumps look like they require A LOT of dirt. Thanks.
have you checked out the Encinitas YMCA dirt jump park???

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
No maninly cuz Encinitas is a ways out from LA. I might be down onna dez days. I went riding with Ozzer last weekend and might have to return the favor by coming down to San Diego for a DH run, you interested BMXMan? I'm in the same boat as he is as far as jumping goes some onna these days we've all got to get together and left from that master. Thanks.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
No maninly cuz Encinitas is a ways out from LA. I might be down onna dez days. I went riding with Ozzer last weekend and might have to return the favor by coming down to San Diego for a DH run, you interested BMXMan? I'm in the same boat as he is as far as jumping goes some onna these days we've all got to get together and left from that master. Thanks.
I prefer to ride in groups...the more the better....D

steve

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Ghetto Hell
Sheep Hills is as big as it gets. Pros from all over the world go there to ride. It's been around for ever. Every bmx video seems to have that place in it. Some of the 80's vids I have have a section on Sheep Hills in it. The BMX mecca, if you will. I've always wanted to go there and ride. Maybe someday. I've read that locals now charge money to ride there. 5 bucks or something. May just be a rumor. Bring a camera and take lots of pictures to show us! There are plenty on the web if you do a search for it. I'm so jealous of you guys for being so close to there. The Norcal version, Norcups, just got plowed a few months ago thanks to the evil golf course that is going up. TOTALLY sucks. There are other places that are getting there but they will take time to build back up to that level. Oh well...time to break out the pick ax and shovels.

JustJoeRide

Chimp
Sep 23, 2001
So Cal

Hey Paul, check out this place out in Simi, which is no more than a 35-40 minute drive from Pasadena.
They charge like $8.00 and have odd hours, but definetly worth a look, they have some huge jumps.
http://www.mtbplayground.com

Regarding your little bro. problem, 2 words.
Private School.