Quantcast

Where to find DIRT cheap (crappy) tubes, brake pads etc?

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
SETUP: Twice a year, in beautiful Old Bridge NJ, the Englishtown race track hosts a 3-day auto swap meet which my pals and I have been vendors at for the past 8 years. Usually we have a few odds and ends to sell, but mostly it's a social thing. There has been a massive uprising of a bicycle subculture there, with almost as many vendors hocking ****ty Next/Magna/Huffy bikes as are selling actual car parts.

So my two friends and I got thinking on how to pin this market down. Between us, there isn't a bike problem we can't fix, and I have a full arsenal of tools. I think that if I bring down the whole bike toolbox and load it with the lowest end tubes, brake pads, chains etc., we can make a KILLING doing while-you-wait repairs on all these junky bikes that people buy to avoid walking, and end up with flat tires and seized chains half the time.

REQUEST: Anyone know of an online vendor, be it bike specific or broad like Amazon, selling battle packs of CHEAP CHEAP 26" and 20" tubes, along with other cheap and crappy parts? Looking to maximize profit on $10 bikes that will only ever see flat tarmac again.

Thanks!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
SETUP: Twice a year, in beautiful Old Bridge NJ, the Englishtown race track hosts a 3-day auto swap meet which my pals and I have been vendors at for the past 8 years. Usually we have a few odds and ends to sell, but mostly it's a social thing. There has been a massive uprising of a bicycle subculture there, with almost as many vendors hocking ****ty Next/Magna/Huffy bikes as are selling actual car parts.

So my two friends and I got thinking on how to pin this market down. Between us, there isn't a bike problem we can't fix, and I have a full arsenal of tools. I think that if I bring down the whole bike toolbox and load it with the lowest end tubes, brake pads, chains etc., we can make a KILLING doing while-you-wait repairs on all these junky bikes that people buy to avoid walking, and end up with flat tires and seized chains half the time.

REQUEST: Anyone know of an online vendor, be it bike specific or broad like Amazon, selling battle packs of CHEAP CHEAP 26" and 20" tubes, along with other cheap and crappy parts? Looking to maximize profit on $10 bikes that will only ever see flat tarmac again.

Thanks!
Not sure if they still do it, but (I think it was) PricePoint used to sell a bulk package of 10 26" tubes for around $20 bucks.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Price Point is having a big tube sale right now. I think you need to get a tax number and incorporate...then go through a regular supplier. Keepin it real (legal) and all...