Quantcast

where to get cheap cross tires???

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
anyone know where to get CX tires online cheap? and by cheap I mean cheap, like blowout prices. We have 3 CX races in the next month that I am planning on hitting, so I want to put some CX tires on my 29er, probably be the only 3 times these tires will get ridden so I dont want to drop much cash on them.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Don't buy cheap tires! If you are only ever going to do 3 cyclocross races just ride your big tires.

Cheap cross tires suck just as much as cheap road or mountainbike tires. The only decent clincher tires out there are the maxxis Mimo's the Geax Blades and Tufo TC's everything else is crap.

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
Thanks guys... For some reason I didnt check nashbar, will give them a try. I dont really care about the quality SD, as long as they will grip a little and offer less rolling resistance than my 2.1's.

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
I ran across a buddy of mine that happened to have a pair of Ritchey cross tires that he sold me for $15, they should work great, kevlar bead, light and seem to have some good grip. Planning on putting my rigid fork back on my 29er tonight and mount the tires up, kinda anxious to see what it will look like rigged up for cross racing... :D