Quantcast

Where to go ride guys?

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
My dualy hasn't got any use in a couple of months.. I went to take it out too the pilchuck tree farm to just do a single track run I do all the time....

but yeah the trail was closed. I'm just looking for a downhill single track around the Arlington, WA area..

Don't worry I'm not asking about your guys super secret trails.. Just something to ride

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
just go up to bellingham and ride galbraith. It would only be about a 35 min drive from arlington.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
See the Impulse post I just replied to.
At least you turned around and didn't ride at Victoria anyway. Right? They really frown on that.
Pilchuck Tract off Grandview at the Bryant store on 9 has some gnarl.

Joelsman knows a bunch about those trails.:monkeydance:

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
yep I do

go up 59th ave just east of bryant store. park at the end but not in the turnaround.

last time I was there, a few months ago the trails were in need of clearing,
the first trail is on the right next to the gate, a tree or 2 are down near the end.
After that trail get back on the the road, keep going north, when the road splits and goes either up left or up right, go right for smack down or left for some other trails.

If right- go and find the next left, and another left(minor less used road), then straight, and then a right up to a flat area with the start of the trail on the left. the first half of this trail is rock faces and the second half is more dirt. near the end the trail goes up hill to the right and puts you out part way up a hill to the other trails.

IF left- road splits again, either left flat or right up, go up, the end of smack down will come out on the right after the first steep pitch, inthe second steep pitch there is an old logging grade on the left, foxy starts about 100-150ft from the rd, 2 other trails are further up the rd, the next trail, take the next rd left, the goes up and turns right, look for the trail in the corner. the 3rd trail continue straight up the hill and over, take the first left past the top then follow it down a bit and look for a trail on the right, there are 2 entrances, the other is at the end and rolls down a large rock, the first entrance goes around it. at the end of this trail go left down the road, when the road takes a hard left, go strait and up the hill(trail) this trail has some jumps and drops and also a tree or 2 down. at the end of the trail go left, the first rd that splits off is the end of the rd you just went down, and the second left is the one that would take you back up to foxy and the top. to get back to your car go straight a few more feet then right, then go straight and you will end up at the gate.

My friend Mark knows these trails too, as we built them, he has a plant sale shop about 1mi east of I-5 on the rd to arlington, south side of the rd. he needs someone to ride with.