Quantcast

Where to go?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Im thinking about doing a road trip somewhere after exams to do some DH. Cu guys let me know if you are interested, and contact me with idea for where to go. I thought of Moab and Bootleg Canyon, where else should I think about?

downhill24/7

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
Boulder
im moving there in august,(boulder) but my parents have a cabin right near breckenridge and keystone so that would be sick, i think moab would be pretty cool for u trip tho

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
could cruise up here and then up to spokane. if big sky is open they have a solid 20+ dh trails (most unmarked but the locals will tell you where everything is for the most part) spokane has sweet street and parks along beacon hill- dope dh and freeride. seattle/vancover is about 4-5 hours farther. here in missoula we have a 14 mile dh thats a total blast, alot like gold hill was but has every aspect of dh riding in it

Phil Winn

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
Sup Dude,

A bunch of us went to Bootleg this month for 5 days. It was awesome..! There is a bunch of good trails and very technical, much more technical than anything at the resorts here, plus minus the snow. I'd compare them to the the stuff that's been shut down(very exposed and pointy).

They have everything from 10 - 25 ft gaps, road gaps, drops, dirt jumps, 4X, Dual Slalom and a pump track. You can shuttle (optional) for like 20 bucks per day or bring your own truck and shuttle you and your buddies. The guys at All Mountain Cyclery (www.allmoutaincyclery.com) are super cool and will provide shuttling service til' the sun goes down.

They have a nice bathroom with running water, flusher and YES a shower all free of charge. You can camp at the location(bike park) during special events, but I would suggest camping at the near by lake. The lake camping offers fire pit, bathrooms and coverage from the sun and wind.

The 13 hr drive was well worth it..!

P"