Quantcast

Where to put dj/street bike while going to UW?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
So I'm goin to UW this fall and i've heard some stories about bikes getting stolen out of dorms and locks broken outside buildings. Does anybody know a safe place to store my bike so that i'll still have easy access to it at any time?

By the way I'm living in the Lander dorms.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I'm heading to UW too. I just got two very beefy locks that i'm going to lock my P1 with. Make sure to contact your insurance company. My bike is insured with no deductible.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Lift your bunk so that its on the top and there is nothing where the lower bunk would be and store it there, that works in lander and terry. In McMahon you can fit about three bikes in the closet and the balconies are always a good choice. Mercer sucks for bikes as does MacCarty, as for Hagget, just don't go there. On campus between class your bikes are usually fine, i just use a rack that has good traffic flow but isn't right in the open, the ones in front of Mary Gates and Kane are pretty good, its all worked pretty good so far. By the way in the dorms I'd be more worried about my PC.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
loft your bed and you can get 2 bikes in easy then just lock the wheel to the frame so your drunken roommate dosen't try to ride it around your dorm.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
In McMahon you can fit about three bikes in the closet and the balconies are always a good choice.
Three bikes in the closet? Maybe the other rooms are different but I got a single and the closet barely has enough room for clothes and a little storage.

Do they mind if you hike a wet bike through the lobby to the elevators though? Or do you just haul it up the steps?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
here was my set up in my dorm and the one in my apartment last year. This year I don't have as much room so it will be interesting when I bring my other 2 bikes out.

-Dorm

-Single Apartment

-Double apartment

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Three bikes in the closet? Maybe the other rooms are different but I got a single and the closet barely has enough room for clothes and a little storage.

Do they mind if you hike a wet bike through the lobby to the elevators though? Or do you just haul it up the steps?
Bummer on the single, i'd try to get out of that if i were you. I never worried about the mud and no one ever said anything so i think its a non-issue.