Quantcast

Where to ride Durham/Raleigh Area

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
I was hoping to get some advice on a good trail to ride. I am going to be in the Area for one day, May 30th, and I wanted to hit some sweet trails. I do a little free-riding and downhilling, heck even cross country is a little fun. Let me know what you think is the best trail, and what I might expect there. Direction on how to there will help, as well as where I might be looking for a hotel room. I will have about 4 hours to ride. PM me if you want to join me, I ride an 04 Heckler with Z1 forks, and Saint components.
Thanks for what ever info you can give me.
Isaac

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Well.....that basically covers everything in the area, so I'm not sure exactly how much more input you're looking for. From the sound of things, you should try out Tar River trails just north of Durham about 15 min. It has everything that you're looking for and probably some stuff that may be more than what you're looking for.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Yo Jody....Jake and I went to Tar Friday and Bryan had a sgn up saying the trails were closed. I think he went to Tennessee for the weekend. A few of us will be at Legend this afternoon..

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
haromtnbiker said:
^ ^ ^

Me included. Nows your chance to check out Legend Park, Jody!! :cool:
I'd love to, believe me. But my bike is sitting quietly at Franklin St. Cycles right now until Wednesday. My rear Juicy5 had a piston issue that they're trying to sort out. I''ve got to be in a wedding next weekend, so I probably can't get too much riding in until say Sunday.

Z2adambomb

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Raleigh/Durham, NC
triangle MTB covers most of the nice trails around here, but it doesn't have a write up on the chapel hill trails. they are more technical than some of the trails on trianglemtb, it might be more what you're looking for. Some of the other parks already mentioned are better for freeriding. The chapel hill trails are pretty tight, technical single track, but not as groomed as some of the local trails, so this makes it more interesting. To get there, take 15-501 south, take the franklin street fork to the right, stay on it, take a right on Estes Road, then another right on swell school road. Take a left into the high school. the trail entrance is across the street and across the railroad tracks.