Quantcast

Where to Ride In Oakland Hills?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I just moved to the oakland hills above Montclair, right up off Skyline. I'm super close to Redwood/Joaquin Miller/Chabot, but I don't know where the goods are. I'm looking for any DH/tech trail riding. There has to be some decent stuff around here... anyone care to show me?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Look for the trailhead maps at Joaquin Miller. It's only a 500 acre park, so you can cover most everything there in an afternoon. Then repeat. It's a city park, not a regional park, so some of the single track is actually legal.

It's all fire roads in Redwood. Anything else is poached. Steep tickets if you're nabbed.

Chabot is a waste of time (unless they opened something killer there in the last couple years)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW - that is a damn fine place to live if you want to be near the only riding around there.

:D

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I've been stuck in SF for 6 years - land of driving to your rides, although before that I lived in Forest Knolls (west Marin), plenty of sick riding out the door.

I rode Joaquin Miller once years ago, it was OK. Rode Redwood Regional yesterday, ok for just getting out, but that's about it.

If anyone knows stuff off the radar or poachable please PM.