Quantcast

Where to Ride in Portland?

skidvicious

Chimp
Oct 5, 2006
portland
Can anybody help a brother out? Moving to Portland, ME this month from North Carolina. Any decent trails, stunts, etc. close to town for freeride bikes?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
There is a pretty active mtn bike population up there.

I love Portland, what part are you moving to?
Big difference from NC.

skidvicious

Chimp
Oct 5, 2006
portland
We are pretty much loking to move downtown or close to downtown Portland. Currently selling our place in NC and will probably rent a place through the spring. We can't wait to get up there...seems like a killer town.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We are pretty much loking to move downtown or close to downtown Portland. Currently selling our place in NC and will probably rent a place through the spring. We can't wait to get up there...seems like a killer town.
If you are just renting, get a place on Peaks Island. You can take a 25min ferry ride to the docks in Portland. The winter rental rates are cheap and the island kicks arse! I will be there this coming summer!

Maybe by July when we head up you'll be ready to ride!

skidvicious

Chimp
Oct 5, 2006
portland
Cool, we will def check it. Thanks for the suggestion. Although we will probably be downtown for work reasons. I will be on the road a good bit over to NH and my wife will proaby be working dowtown. I hear he ferry's can be unpredictable especially in winter months. Sounds like you have a sweet set up this sumer. Make sure to look us up this summer.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cool, we will def check it. Thanks for the suggestion. Although we will probably be downtown for work reasons. I will be on the road a good bit over to NH and my wife will proaby be working dowtown. I hear he ferry's can be unpredictable especially in winter months. Sounds like you have a sweet set up this sumer. Make sure to look us up this summer.
Will do, pleanty of people commute from Peaks Island every day.
If you are driving a lot... well it may not be the best but personally, it would be uber fun to live on Peaks Island for a few months.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Welcome! I'm from Maine & might be able to point ya in the right direction for trails. Two popular spots that are easy to get to from Portland are Bradbury state park & Mount Agamenticus. Bradbury is 20 min north of Portland near Freeport. It's real easy to get to, features a bunch of fast & twisty singletrack. Mt A :http://mtanemba.org/ is probably 50 min south of Portland near York. Good trails with more challenge than Bradbury. :cheers:

skidvicious

Chimp
Oct 5, 2006
portland
Perfect. I appreciate the link and the suggestions. I will check those spots out for sure when i get up there. Do you know if either ave any ladder trails, etc? thanks.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
We have a pretty diverse group that rides Mt Aggy every sunday or so. We're also in the midst of building a new pump track...and some other fun things down here in York.

Give us a holler when you make it up.

RJ