Quantcast

Where will Josh (TotalHeckler), YOU and I ride on Saturday?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
It is in fact possible... How many are giong? Kelly, my girlfriend is probably in, I'm in, and you guys. We going to have any more than 5?

I'm down for whatever.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Ok so 9:30 at the rincon parking lot ,with the little bikes and pedal up through pogonip, or r we goin to shuttle!I cough , cough, wheeze, would like to ride up a little or so I say now, haha.I dont even know where my big bike is ,proly covered under and inch of dust ,haha.Ok see ya all there.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I have a bench seat in my Tundra, so technically I can fit six people in my truck (including myself).

I would like to ride to the top at least once and get my <3 pumping for a few minutes.

After that, we can shuttle at least once or twice if you'd like.

I gotta' be back over the hill on the Silicon Valley side by 2:00pm. That gives us 3 and a 1/2 hours of riding. Plenty of time for 1 full loop and then two shuttles.

-Mike

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hmm...

Well I think my buddy Tyler may be showing up a little later. So maybe start off doing 1 loop up/down. Then shuttle however many times we want to afterwards?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
That works for me.

Josh... I'm gonna' ride behind you and make you hammer up Rincon trail all the way to the top.

And if you don't drop the Hammer, I'm going to poke you with a stick with doodoo on the end of it, repeatedly. You'll go home and your other half will be like... "So, you went riding. Why do you smell like doodoo? Is that HUMAN feces?!?!?!?!"

:busted:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
So wait... you're going to poop on the stick first? Or is your first poke into josh just going to be a doozie?
Depends on how big the hammer Josh drops is.

If it's a rock hammer, circa' Shawshank Redemption..., :plthumbsdown:,

But if it's a American Gladiator's sized hammer, then I'll go easy. :monkey:

First loop up to the top hurts. The second loop is actually easier because you're warm. I almost always stop and take at least one break on the short ride to the top the first time. The second time, no stops. Just pound it out.

Three loops? Never tried it. But I'd imagine that if I can do two on my 45lb. 7" travel, 36t/11-32 bike, that I should be able to plow through three loops on my 32lb. 5" travel 34/11-34 bike.

Of course, I'm not interested in finding out tomorrow morning. :-)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
lol it might be new American Gladiator status.

Also, email sent. Let me know ASAP so we can hopefully get her hooked up!

EDIT - Mike whats your email address, what I had didnt work.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Freakin great ride today!It was nice to finally meet up with you Mike, and everyone else too.I checked my comupter when I got home and it had just over 12 miles from start to finish, so we put it some good miles plus the nice jump sesh at the start.Alright we will have to do this again for sure!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Agreed. Today was freaking awesome. The trails were pretty great, the jump session was fun, and it was good to see everyone out there. Also a score on nobody getting hurt. =]

Plus i started a new fad, going over the bars uphill. Yeah. I do that now.

Also good that we did our part of trail work by getting that pretty big tree off the trail.

Hope I wasnt too slow for you guys today, still working on getting back into the groove.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Kelly and I had an awesome time yesterday, we really enjoyed riding with everyone and I got do learn some new trails.

Oh yeah- and thanks everyone for helping me get over my fear of tubeless tires. My little bike is fun again!

Good meeting everyone too, we need to do more Short Travel Madness days!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm always down for a Short Travel Madness Saturday!

Although, to be honest, you all should come out and do a Short Travel Madness Night Ride (at a certain local place that shall remain nameless... but I'll be riding there tomorrow (Tuesday) night). We'll be leaving San Jose at about 9:00pm, and getting to the parking area around 9:30 or so. The entire loop should only take about 2 and a 1/2 hours. If you want in, let me know.

Anyway, it was great meeting you guys (and gals). Todd, Kelly, Brian... FINALLY nice to meet you. All of you had me sliding around some of those berms that normally scare the doodoo out of me. Glad I had you there to push my limits.

Maybe this coming Saturday, if you're down for some DH craziness, we could hit up Pacifica.

Any takers? It's supposed to be dry out there all week!

-Mike

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Aw, still no batteries for our lights, so we're out of the night ride.

Saturday is a maybe- Got to go to a friends baby shower up in the bay area, but we'll be bringing our bikes. What time are you guys going to ride pacifica?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We usually try to get out there at 10:00am. We stay until 1:30 or 2:00pm, depending.

My buddy Sean has a handle-bar light you can borrow if you want (just one, though).

Let me know if you want in, Brian.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Are you up for a night ride next week? I could probably make it then.

As for Saturday, I am in.

I also just talked to my photographer friend Sean, he might be coming to town not this weekend but the next...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hahahahaha...

You mean you drive bikes up hills, and you ALWAYS ride down them.

Next time we ride UCSC, we're doing two full loops.

I'm gonna' whoop you into shape if my life depends on it.

Plus, you need to do a full blown Demo/Braille loop with us. That's easy-cheesy.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... You guys crack me up.

Let's hit up Pacifica this Saturday. Todd and Josh... you both in? Brian and Kelly? Will you two be able to make it out for a session?

We'll ride past Boyscout, and to the top of Mile. Then cut over and hike-a-bike up to the top of The Crack. Then we'll take a breather and then bomb down all three trails.

Yippee-kay-yay-mother-__cker.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha... You guys crack me up.

Let's hit up Pacifica this Saturday. Todd and Josh... you both in? Brian and Kelly? Will you two be able to make it out for a session?

We'll ride past Boyscout, and to the top of Mile. Then cut over and hike-a-bike up to the top of The Crack. Then we'll take a breather and then bomb down all three trails.

Yippee-kay-yay-mother-__cker.
I am there. Anyone know how to get there? =]

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
Prettym1k3, this is scott who was out there with grant last time you were up, I was on the enduro SL. I've got my DH bike fixed up and its ready to roll, so i'd like to join yall on saturday. Lemmie know what time you all are planning on hitting higgin's and i will me ya there.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Heh, I'm down to try and squeeze in a run before my buddy's birthday. I gotta check with Kelly to see if she's down to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn to get up there. If anyone wants to pm me a google map link of directions to the meeting spot, that'd be cool. SoCal kids get lost in the bay area easy :D

What bike should I bring? My big one's got lots of travel, but super short cranks, a 40 tooth front ring and a road cassette.... Climbing=Impossible