Quantcast

Where will Josh (TotalHeckler), YOU and I ride on Saturday?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Saturday, Josh!

Your PM to me said Sunday, and if you show up at 9:45am on Sunday... well... I'll be working, and preparing myself for the awesomeness that is, CLOVERFIELD!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Same here. Just super busy with server migration crap and also porting a bunch of stuff so it works on there too. Blah. Just staring at lots and lots of code all day.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Bastigeses! I'm not outta here til 5:30. Yuck.

I may bring the big bike. Is there anything wrong with having a 5" bike out there? It was kinda fun last saturday...

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
9:45 sounds good to me on saturday. It will be my brother and I, as Grant works saturday. Will be in a brown chevy, and ill be on a RAW colored sinister r9. You guys should be fine on smaller bikes, i rode crack mile and BS with no probs on my enduro sl a few weeks ago b/c i destroyed the BB on my dh bike, makes you really work with a 6 inch bike:clapping:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Awesome man.

This guy I met out there last month named Steve Wentz (rides for Turner) will be taggin' along. He managed a freeride park in Colorado. Just moved out here. Great guy. Total trail builder too. And he's fast.

This is his bike and him talking about it:

http://www.littermag.com/techno/07dhr/1.htm

Here's a video of him. http://bncproductions.net/mountainbikingsteveW.html

Super nice guy, great rider, and a definite friend of the trails.
tell him I say hi

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Heh, there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to keep up w/ Steve...

Kelly and I will probably only get a few runs in before we have to take off, but we're totally going. I'll bring the little bike if my new chain shows up before then.

*edit* is it just me or is Wentz not wearing gloves in his video??

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Heh, there's a pretty good chance I won't be able to keep up w/ Steve...

Kelly and I will probably only get a few runs in before we have to take off, but we're totally going. I'll bring the little bike if my new chain shows up before then.

*edit* is it just me or is Wentz not wearing gloves in his video??
I'm pretty sure he isn't wearing gloves... I noticed that.

You guys will have an absolute blast. Personally, I'd bring the big bikes. The entire ride is paved road and no more than 30 minutes to the top. Then it's a 15 minute hike-a-bike. Again, not too bad. But coming down on a big bike is super fun. But if you're plenty comfortable on your short-travel bike, then you guys can keep the short-travel madness Saturday alive and kickin' this coming Saturday!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
S.S.T.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111oneoneone

Anyone up for an earlier night ride Wednesday or Thursday next week at UC? Maybe start at 6pm-7pm?

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Whooaa, someone has been coding to much or something!Im up for a little nite ride if Im not totally beat.Hey were you planning on taking the 1 up to Pacifica or goin around ,like 17 to 280,if your doin 17 I can just meet u at your place at 8ish,Im not sure which way is faster since I have never been there before.Maybe Mike can chime in here.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, personally, from your guys' places, I would take 17 to the 1, and then jam down Highway 1 in the morning. But on your way home, the 1 gets clogged up with Half Moon Bay people puttin' down the freeway. So on the way home, take 280 to 17.

From Scott's Valley you should be able to make it to Pacific in about an hour down the 1. On your way home taking 280 to 17, should take you about an hour and 15, give or take a few.

Josh, I think you mean: "S.S.T.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111oneoneoneJUAN"

:)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So 1 up in the morning and then 280 to 17 back? That works for me.

Todd, where should we meet in SC?

Mike you game for the earlier night ride next week?

What about Taco Hell around 9:45ish? I'm a little slow in the mornings. =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm down for Wednesday, I think. Getting back at a reasonable hour would be ideal, too.

I'm night riding downtown San Jose on Tuesday night for a few hours. Wednesday should be totally open as far as night riding goes. I'm down for some UC action.

BTW, Josh... at night... we ride to the top... TWICE.

*insert evil laugh here*

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Anywhere works me Josh, I live right off Hwy 1 just off the morrisey exit.9.45 ish sounds good to me as well, Im not the biggest morning guy myself.But I will be bringing a few of my silver and yummy friends (RedBull)with us in case we need a little wake up call!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I got up really early this morning to wash my bike (I haven't had time to since the last ride). Nice and clean. Ready to get dirty again. =]

Cant wait. We might be there at the Taco Bell closer to 10. You guys better wait.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
if someone could text me the final plan, i wont be near the comp tonight, I'd appriciate it. five one zero three eight six zero one six zero.

and mike, if you can bring that chain guide that would be great. thanks

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i saw all you guys today, i was in the group of 3 on one of the sx trails, i had the travis. it was certainly a good day in pacifica, crack was prime, it was my first time riding it today and i was stoked. i think the guy taking pictures might have gotten a couple good shots of me on the step-down jump line on boyscout, does anyone know if he's going to post em?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
awesome. yeah, i remember you bro. it wasn't my first time there, it was just my first time riding crack, i'm usually too lazy to go that far up. i love that place though, i'm so stoked that they're putting all the new stuff in on boyscout.

Surfkahakai

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Santa Clara, CA
Good time today guys. Thanks again. I'll be home Monday but work 4 days after that so it might be a week until I put the photos up. I'll try to sneak away tomorrow for an hour to do the editing...maybe Ill have them up sooner.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks to everyone who made it out. It was my first time riding out there not in the mud and on my new bike. I really had a good time. I want to be warmed up for crack next time though. The 2nd boyscout run was awesome.

Dude, thanks a bunch for coming out and taking photos. You were a champ to come out there with all of the camera gear and for barging everything on the hard tail. Major props man. I think you should reallly sneakin some extra time today to get those photos up. =]

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
Thanks to everyone who made it out. It was my first time riding out there not in the mud and on my new bike. I really had a good time. I want to be warmed up for crack next time though. The 2nd boyscout run was awesome.

Dude, thanks a bunch for coming out and taking photos. You were a champ to come out there with all of the camera gear and for barging everything on the hard tail. Major props man. I think you should reallly sneakin some extra time today to get those photos up. =]

Was a good time man, i need to get down to SC to ride with yall sometime soon. ditto on the camera man, sorry i forgot your name (ill prob forget everyones) but your a trooper following us all the way up, then hiking the trails to shoot. Im itching to see the pics as well :clapping: Your flashed scared me on crack

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Officer Ben... you're the man! Thanks again! I'm super stoked for those pics, dude. I'm positive that they came out super good.

Brent... did you get any video? I need evidence of that drop on The Crack that claimed "The Crack" in my helmet the last time I was out there!

Thanks again everyone!

Props to the trail builders out there, too. You guys do an amazing job, and if you hit me up with a message next time you're out there builing, I'd love to come and help.

To those who don't know, I was the guy on the red 7point with the Totem. My name's Mike.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Was a good time man, i need to get down to SC to ride with yall sometime soon. ditto on the camera man, sorry i forgot your name (ill prob forget everyones) but your a trooper following us all the way up, then hiking the trails to shoot. Im itching to see the pics as well :clapping: Your flashed scared me on crack
Yea man, good to ride wit cha.Next time your in S.C. we will ride for sure !Im Todd by thw way, I was on the blue Enduro.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Looks like next weekends photo shoot may be a no go.

So weird since I checked the weather on saturday and it said this week would be sunny and clear. Now its supposed to rain every day this week.

I might be game to ride and shoot in some mud, but a no go if there will be rain.