Quantcast

Where will Josh (TotalHeckler), YOU and I ride on Saturday?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Pump track hidden somewhere in Monterey for me this weekend! Just got done with a rather impressive berm and little kicker last weekend and I'm stoked to try it out.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Let me give you a little update on my iPhone to that list:

-Can customize ringtones with your own mp3s:
Yes. Hacked iPhones you can.

-Can send MMS messages:
Yes, there is a MMS app that works. Also email works just fine.

- Instant messaging:
Yep, I have an app on there right now that works awesome.

-Can record voice:
Yep, also a app for that.

Anyways, I am game to ride wherever. I have never been to carlmont. I have heard its good during the winter too.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Anyways, I am game to ride wherever. I have never been to carlmont. I have heard its good during the winter too.
Haha... I was just giving you "S" since Emily was making fun of you for being attached at the dong to that iPhone. They are bad*ss, and I approve. If Verizon offered them, I'd be SUPER down.

On a side note, Carlmont is about 30 minutes from my place in Santa Clara. I'd be down to ride there, but I'd definitely be bringing the big bike and leaving the green bike at home. I was kinda' itching for a fast and flowy trail ride though. Just still not too sure where I want to go.

Our options are Demo, UC, Gap, Pacifica, DMC, Skeggs, Briones, Side-O, and a bunch of other places. But I seem to keep coming up with good and valid reasons to not go to each of these places... except UC.

I think I could be down for a double-looper at UC.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Let's plan for UC.

I don't care if it's cold. Can we meet at the bottom of Rincon at 9:30?

I'll bring the green bike. Then we're on the same plain.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm prepared to move large branches and jump over the larger trees that will need a chain saw. That doesn't bother me all too much.

And yes... if you're Chew Kok, your life sucks more than just about anything else.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I haven't seen for myself, just heard that there's supposed to be quite a few trees down. I doubt it makes the trails impassable, I'd just keep an eye out on first runs down :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I haven't seen for myself, just heard that there's supposed to be quite a few trees down. I doubt it makes the trails impassable, I'd just keep an eye out on first runs down :D
We should make this a night ride... that'll be balls-out scary! :clapping:

J/k. I'm stupid, but not THAT stupid.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Im in for a little ride sat, I too will be dying on the up hills, but what better way to get back in shape !
Exactly. Awesome! See you out there!

Brian, come out to ride on Saturday. Do the pump track on Sunday! Come on... You get to size up your competition for the next cccx series. =P

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha...

I haven't climbed UP a hill on a bike in quite some time. I did make it all the way up Santa Teresa but I took a few breaks while waiting for a friends.

But the climb up Rincon is a cake-walk on a light-travel, light-weight bike.

Just remember, Josh. Your new like is most than 10lbs. lighter, with better angles, and less travel.

You should rip up this climb in no time flat.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha...

I haven't climbed UP a hill on a bike in quite some time. I did make it all the way up Santa Teresa but I took a few breaks while waiting for a friends.

But the climb up Rincon is a cake-walk on a light-travel, light-weight bike.

Just remember, Josh. Your new like is most than 10lbs. lighter, with better angles, and less travel.

You should rip up this climb in no time flat.
Dude I went up it on my first ride last week. Trust me, I still suck.

Come on Brian...you know you want to ride with us...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Come on BRIAN! Let's rock and roll.

Here's my impression of an evening, at Big Bri's house:

"Oh, son?"

"Yeah dad?"

"How'd you like to go FISHING this weekend?"

"Great dad! But I've got homework to do."

"That's okay, son! You can bring it on the boat!"

Name that movie, and you win a cookie.

--------------------

On a side note, since we'll be out there making two loops, I think it would be prudent of us to make it clear that stopping to clear a trail of logs, branches, debris, etc. will be part of the ride. I'd like to clean up the trail so that when it dries out, the trail will TRULY dry out.

You all okay with that?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm alright with that. My buddy Tyler was thinking of joining us. He does not ride up. If he comes we will be able to shuttle. He isnt an early morning person, so we might be able to do 1 run up/down then shuttle 1-3 more. =]

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Heh, I haven't done much climbing in a while either, or going down for that matter. I'm fairly certain what little "sweet air" skills I had have left me. If you're hellbent on riding up, cool. If not, I can fit 5 comfortably in my truck :D

What time is everyone going on sat? Where would everybody meet and who do I need to PM my cell to? Josh- does your uber iphone web browser email sender picture and sound recorder still have my cell phone number? Maybe I can get in some butt-crack of dawn pump track and then ride.. hmmmm....

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Brian,

I thought you might have PM'd me your number before, but PM me your number again, and I'll save it.

I'll send you mine.

I have Josh's number on speed dial because... nevermind.

:busted:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Brian,

I thought you might have PM'd me your number before, but PM me your number again, and I'll save it.

I'll send you mine.

I have Josh's number on speed dial because... nevermind.

:busted:

PM sent, but if I get heavy breathing calls in the middle of the night, you're in a lot of trouble. :twitch:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Pm sent Brian.

And I am posting this from my phone. Take that.

I think we should shuttle using your truck by the way.

Also, Mike. I got my new rims tonight. Super sweet.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be rollin' my 2.3 Weifwolfs tomorrow on my green bike. I finally got around to facing the BB shell last night, so hopefully my stupid el-cheapo RaceFace XC cranks will stay on the bike from now on.

Josh, how's the car handle now with the new rim-jobbies?

Heavy breathing calls are something you'll find I'm very good at. You'll see.

:)

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
OOoh, purty. What size/how much they weigh? They look light, but you can never tell anymore.

My reading comprehension skills are almost as bad as my big air skills- what time is everyone meeting on sat morning?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
They are 19x8.5's. They are about as light as my old 17x7.5 wheels. I don't know how much they weighed.

Were meeting at 9:30am. I think we should shuttle.

Brian what bike are you bringing? Are we going to have a short travel madness ride?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
If we're shuttling, then I want to bring out the big-daddy. Although, maybe not. Depends on what trails we're going to do.

To be honest, my green bike pedals so much better, maybe I'll just bring that bike anyway and we'll just have to avoid dead campers. I'm sure Josh doesn't want to do anything like DC on his Snyper anyway.

I have my truck too, so if we wanted to shuttle, I suppose that'll be cool.

I VOTE FOR SHORT TRAVEL SATURDAY MADNESS!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahah, well seeing as how the big one only has a 40 tooth front ring and road cassette, I will also bring my short travel saturday maddness bike- just in case I have to ride up anything. As far as trails, I'm down for whatever, DC included. No road gapping for me tho :)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I think we will be good with some:

-Sweetness
-Maybe hit up super sweet / z's
-Evans trail (heard its sick right now)
-Airborne
-Peabody/Sidewinder
-Etc.

I'm ok with maybe skipping DC, Twister, etc. since I am not too confident with my riding abilities just yet. Well see how the day goes.

Awesome. SHORT TRAVEL SATURDAY MADNESS is on!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Short Travel Saturday Madness is gonna' be awesome.

I don't think I've ever ridden Twister before, but DC is out of the question for me. The angles on my MkIII are just all bad for that trial. Plus, I'm terrible at picking lines on that trail on my big bike as it is. I won't be any better on my MkIII.

9:30 at Rincon.

Are we gonna' shuttle like crazy? Or what?