Quantcast

???Where's Teh GMT???

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And who decided GMT is an acceptable name?

At the Airport waiting to head back home. Stop at Dallas. One coffee in so far.
I blame Stosh

but this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time

forgot to toss my work clothes in the dryer. hopefully they are dry before I need to head out or it's wearing damp stuff and off to the office I go.

need coffee now plz

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Absolutely wild ride in the rain last night. We took two of the more technical and rooty trails, which was a blast. Two guys ate it hard... I also seem to have twisted or tweaked my ankle while hiking over wet tree limbs in this logged section of forest looking for a trail. Oops.

Supposed to ride tonight with coworkers. We'll see...

Most importantly, its the last day of school school here. Which means summer traffic!!!!! Woooooo. Commute time to work should go down substantially.

Post ride swim in the rain. So good.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Oil changes on both cars yesterday, shocks and steering dampner on the jeep. Always one of those jobs where after its done I realize I should have done them 20k miles earlier. Up at fy vae em to beat the heat for a run this morning. Suffered an equipment failure half a mile in, walked home. Coffee and toad in the hole for breakfast. Maybe I'll just go back to bed.
I thought it stood for Good Morning Thread. That always confused me because none of y'all MFs are cheery in the morning... Or afternoon, evening, night... In general.
It does stand for Good Morning Thread. Now fuck off.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well contract signed and converting to full time from consultant from July 1st. Title is VP Digital Marketing as Nilfisk which does industrial cleaning equipment of all kinds and going through all kinds of interesting changes.

First company car will be Audi A4 wagon and then Volvo XC60 after that when it can be delivered. Unfortunately the new V60 is not on sale yet so I will go for the SUV. Its easier to load bikes into with the increased height as I often just put them in the car. Besides the nice car it will include free gas in all of Europe so there will be tons of road trips!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oil changes on both cars yesterday, shocks and steering dampner on the jeep. Always one of those jobs where after its done I realize I should have done them 20k miles earlier
My Allroad is in for control arms & tie rod ends. They went from 'hmm was that a creak?' to "omgcreakzjalopynoise!" over the last month or three. I ordered all the parts with the ambitious plan of doing it all myself, then thought better of that idea.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Found out the POC for the new tool has been delayed. Seems it is being built by the vendor (IBM) and they are still working on it. It's so easy even the vendor can do a POC in a matter of weeks. :rofl:

In other news, it is Friday Eve, so there is that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is this a euphemism for having to poop badly?
So far I've managed to avoid that catastrophe. It's been close a couple times though, to the point where in what I can only attribute to divine intervention, I once stumbled upon a port-a-potty in what might have been my greatest hour of need.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My Allroad is in for control arms & tie rod ends. They went from 'hmm was that a creak?' to "omgcreakzjalopynoise!" over the last month or three. I ordered all the parts with the ambitious plan of doing it all myself, then thought better of that idea.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Downpours and flood warnings all day today. Mowing the weeds is not looking hopeful for tonight.

Sunny and clear for tomorrow's golf tournament though. Yea, I said it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I'm trying to stay seated for as much of the day as possible....I think I broke one of my little piggies when I crashed into the vacuum cleaner in the dark of the hallway last night on my way to bed. Walking is an unpleasant experience. I've got some grocery shopping to do after work, so I'm giving heavy consideration towards checking my dignity (as if I ever had any) at the door, and utilizing the scooter option to get around that bitch...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>..I think I broke one of my little piggies when I crashed into the vacuum cleaner in the dark of the hallway last night on my way to bed. Walking is an unpleasant experience. I've got some grocery shopping to do after work, so I'm giving heavy consideration towards checking my dignity (as if I ever had any) at the door, and utilizing the scooter option to get around that bitch...
:disgust1:

:stupid:

Found some portablo mushrooms yesterday while out and about.
:think: Are these Mexican portabellos?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So far I've managed to avoid that catastrophe. It's been close a couple times though, to the point where in what I can only attribute to divine intervention, I once stumbled upon a port-a-potty in what might have been my greatest hour of need.
huh, never thought you were a picky pooper