Quantcast

where's the camera when you need one?

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
so about 3 weeks ago some friends and i were going to montrose *co* to ride the park, but on our way there we got stuck on molas pass *they are building a new road & doing a lot of blasting* well they accidentally used too much dynomite and the road was covered with rocks & two huge boulders that covered about 500 yards of road. it ended up being a six hour wait, so instead of just sitting there being bored out of our minds we started looking for things to jib. we ended up finding a really good wallride on the side of the mountain, but it needed a little bit of work so we borrowed some shovels from this random guy that was waiting for the road to open as well. after about 30 minutes of work we had one of the best wallrides i have ever hit. there was about 8 feet of transition and then you hit the lip and there was about 4 feet of rock then about a 2 feet of overhang and then rock for about another 30 feet. you could go as high as you wanted and it was very interesting because the rock was not smooth at all. we were going around 15 feet up and my friends were double pegging the crazy overhang that was completely offset looked more like a feeble than a double peg. it was one of the most fun and creative things i have ever done on a bike. too bad none of us had a camera to capture the moment :( .. so the moral of the story always bring a camera on a trip. you never know when or where you will have the chance to get some amazing footage

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
oh yeah we never made it to montrose that day... we got tired of waiting, but we went back the next week.... such a sick park... hip heaven... it's like riding trails that only have hips... flows so nice like