Quantcast

Which armor is better? Fit? Comfort? Hold?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
yeah, i bought a THE Carbon One and the mouth guard was basically sitting on my mouth, so i returned it...i dont think thats what they meant by mouth guard.
i couldnt get Jon's helmet to go past the top of my cranium either .

my TLD XL/XXL D2 fits me perfect. super comfy and doesnt move at all.
Good to know. Pass on THE then. Sounds like your head's just a hair bigger than mine then, the XL/XXL D2 is a little big. XL D3 is perfect. 661's got some OK stuff, I'll probably go that route.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
POC is very high priced. I can't afford that high. Are there any other brand of pads that would not slip on impact that would be lower priced in the $100 range for shin/knee and arm/elbow that are good? Anyone? Is the Pricepoint SETTE stuff any good? It's not expensive.
I'd go with the fox launch setup. I've tried a LOT of knee/shin setups (maybe a dozen in the last 2 years?). The POC is the best. The fox launch are a close second.

Also, $120 for that POC VPD Tee from JonKranked is a pretty sick deal. I almost want to buy that as a backup for the one I have!

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I know people buy used pads but I'm going to buy new. I saw a few things on Pricepoint but not sure what is good and what is not. I still don't know what's the best in moderate price range. DMike says the 661's are nice but they get loose. I don't have a problem adding something to keep them from slipping. Pricepoint has some Sette full body suits but I don't know if that's any good. The suit above, if I bought it, it's got mesh on it. One day of riding it's gotta be washed. What do you do when you're out at Whistler for a week? Do the pads come off? Do you have to use the mesh?

Any suggestions. I'm so far out priced on POC. $200 for knee and arm pads are too much.