Quantcast

Which bike to get?

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
I am getting back into BMX riding, I am going to do mostly trails and street riding, no racing probaly.

I bought a used Haro 20" bike thats decent but I dont feel comfortable on it and I have since rode a few other newer 20" bikes and they just feel to small.

I am thinking about getting a 24" cruiser, but I need one good for jumps and etc., and I dont have much money to spend on one, I dont want forks and stuff just like a Heavy duty BMX cruiser.

Question is will a cruiser handle the trails well the main place I will be riding is tighter with lots of rythm sections with tons of options and you could just go forever in a circle here, its sweet, the jumps are all different sizes, and smaller gap on most of them probaly like 6-12 feet or so and like 3 to 6 feet tall, there quite a few really big jumps too, I just cant make myself do them on this bike I have now I am so uncomfortable.

I am just worried that a 24" might not handle the jumps being so close to another, but maybe I am wrong, my friends think I am nutz for wanting a cruiser, but I rode one at the bike shop and it felt way better riding it there to me but once I take it back to the trails it will be different I am sure.

Well any help would be great, I am thinking cruiser, but everyone else is telling me to get a newer bigger and better 20" bike.

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
I thought about the General Lee but the pro kid at the bike shop said its junk, he said as soon as I start jumping everything it will be tore up.

He is telling me to biuld a bike and get a 22" top tube 20" bike frame, but I dont know what to do, everyone is steering me away from cruisers, and I dont have that much money to spend on building a good bike it would take me a year to do it.

Well any other suggestions or anyone that rides a cruiser let me know what you think of it on tight trails with lots of jumps,. etc.

thanks.