Quantcast

Which bike?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Morryjg said:
Which bike fits you the best? Have you ridden them more than just around the parking lot?

No, I have ridden on a turbo trainer and I dont know enough about road bikes to know what one feels best! They feel a little different but neither feels better to me. Im used to long travel bikes:help:

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
The component set is exactly the same (LeMond was bought by Trek), so buy the one that fits you best. If you can't decide, buy the one that looks coolest. If you still can't decide, get the LeMond. My carbon/steel LeMond sticks out from all the Cannondales/Treks I always see. (haven't seen another LeMond on the road yet.)

edit to say I didn't know they still made 8-speed road bikes - I'd hold out for a 9-speed at least. I know it's tough to find 8-speed mountain parts - I suspect it's even worse for road.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
rooftest said:
The component set is exactly the same (LeMond was bought by Trek), so buy the one that fits you best. If you can't decide, buy the one that looks coolest. If you still can't decide, get the LeMond. My carbon/steel LeMond sticks out from all the Cannondales/Treks I always see. (haven't seen another LeMond on the road yet.)
I just wondered if anyone can give me insigh into geometry pros and cons.

The lemond makes seems the better choice from a mountainbikers point of view shorter chainstays and steeper head angle etc.

The lemond is much much rarer (sp?) round here in scotland.

The Trek has a cooler paint job in flame orange.
The Trek has the Lance factor

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
klunky said:
The Trek has the Lance factor
C'mon - being a Lance fan is like being a Steelers fan! (now that they've won)

Greg LeMond won the tour before AND after he almost died.