Quantcast

which bike?

alanre

Chimp
Feb 1, 2008
I recently got a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, and was sort of hiding it from my wife figuring I would break it out later and she wouldn't notice. Then.....For Christmas she got me a Titus Motolite. Now I have to decide which to keep.
I have never ridden a full suspension bike before and it's been over ten years since I last rode a mountain bike. I will probably ride XC with lots of climbing and will not be jumping off anything bigger than 2ft. I'm 6ft tall and weight 185 lbs.
Oh, and believe me she won't notice which bike is which.
I need to sell one of these and any imput you can provide will help me make a decision.

Thanks

north20

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
East Cascades - PNW
I'm not a big fan of either brand, but I'd vote for the Titus as well.

And I'd do so because she cares enough to spend that kind of coin on a gift for you. The fact that you feel the need to "hide" everything about the situation, plus act like she's too dim to notice that you no longer have a bike she spent some heavy cash on shows a real lack of class on your part. Hate to be judgmental, but at least own up and give her the straight deal.

Hell though, it's your bike and your relationship. But seeing as you felt like sharing, I get the chance to call you a chickensh*t.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
And I'd do so because she cares enough to spend that kind of coin on a gift for you. The fact that you feel the need to "hide" everything about the situation, plus act like she's too dim to notice that you no longer have a bike she spent some heavy cash on shows a real lack of class on your part. Hate to be judgmental, but at least own up and give her the straight deal.

True but funny nonetheless. Cool wife though.

alanre

Chimp
Feb 1, 2008
I'll keep the Titus. Thank you for your imput.
north20, I don't appreciate being called a chickensh*t; having said that, I appreciate the fact that you helped me see this in another light. I thought the Titus was too much bike for me, and was worried to be seen as a poser. I'll get over it.
And yes, my wife is really cool.
Signing off.

north20

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
East Cascades - PNW
north20, I don't appreciate being called a chickensh*t; having said that, I appreciate the fact that you helped me see this in another light. I thought the Titus was too much bike for me, and was worried to be seen as a poser. I'll get over it.
Signing off.

Great answer, and a great decision.

You have my humble apologies on the name calling :cool:

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
Yeah, I'm mixed on both of them too. I would; however, choose the Titus. You should be pretty stoked she picked a Titus though. Dang!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Signing off.
Good choice, chickensh*t. :busted: