Quantcast

which bmx pros would you like to see ride a 24"/26"?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
1. Taj : He already has a 4x bike. Just haven't seen him ride it !

2. Nate Wessell : 6'4" or something, huge gaps, blasts on DJ. supposedly barely riding anymore because of injuries.

3. Nate Hansen. : 6'5". one of the few pro flatlanders of the 90s who also ripped street and park. did the most clicked inverted tucked tabletops ever. always looked like a giant on his 20".

4. Dave Freimuth or Dave Osato on 24". tech park destruction.

5. Chris Doyle. nuff said !

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I don't really care what size of wheels they are on. But, I do think more should open up to the idea of bigger wheels if it suits them or the terrain better. I bet some of the guys might prefer bigger wheels (if they were used to them) on ginourmous DJs like at Elevation or Empire Of Dirt (if it ever happens). Bohan, Foster, Doyle would kill on big wheels.

Dave Dillewaard is super tall (6' 5" or something). He looks so huge on a bmx bike.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Dude, Wessel is not 6'4". I've rode with him and he is maybe around 6 foot, definitely not a giant.

Garret, Sandy, Joe, Taj, Cilenski, Chase, Mike A, Berringer, Van, and Jimmy

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
All, and none.... I love seeing them do what they do on whatever bikes they feel like riding.
I was pretty stoked to see some some BMX pros on DH bikes up at whistler last year.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
hawk, van, ruben, doyle, bohan, and a ross.
good list. ruben has been seen riding DH in BC and A Ross actually was riding a 26" park bike during one clip in some short video. i think it would be interesting to see almost any bmx pro on a big bike, as well as an mtb pro on a bmx.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Big dudes on a 24" - 26" might benefit them, but whatever. I rode BMX when I was 6', I ride MTB now and I am, still 6'. Big wheels feel better to me, but when I rode BMX I hated MTB, assuming it is changing with the line blurring a lot more. It will take some time, but the style in MTB is evolving and respect will be earned.

I would like to see guys like Chase and Aitken ride anything. I bet they could even make a razor scooter look good.

Style is style, no matter what you are on.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
who-ever has fun with it...

already mentioned, but Ruben for sure... aitken, doyle, hawk, etc. etc... mostly trail stylers. Would be cool just to see what some street rats like Hamilton could pull in a day on a duece-quad... remember seeing him in one clip doing a curved wall-ride on a cruiser...

so, how about vice-versa, the other way around too? Ever think old cross-over dudes ever get back on the 20's... Lopes, Tinker, etc, ? haha...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
so, how about vice-versa, the other way around too?
I bet Andreu Lacondeguy could kill it on a 20. The last I knew, he was running 24s on his Kona. Him and his brother both have bmx backgrounds. Actually, I think remember reading a quote from Andreu saying that he wanted to do some bmx comps. I'm sure a lot of the big bike pros can and have shred on a 20 (Berrecloth does elevation). I think it would take longer for them to get used to the small bike again than it would for the bmx pros to get used to the bigger bike, though.

Lopes was the man on a bmx bike back in the day. I remember an issue of bmx plus where they had like a little bmx field day for a bunch of pros. They had like a 50 yard dash and a bunny hop contest and some other stuff. Lopes killed. I think he had the world record bunny hop for awhile.