Quantcast

Which BMX

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
Hey I am looking into a BMX bike for street, and the halfpipe me and a friend are building. Im around 5' 8-9"

Im looking into an Eastern Ace of Spades, A DK dayton and a DK Four Pack. which would be best for street/park riding.

thanks

-Ashlon

Crazy55

Chimp
Oct 14, 2005
Western PA
I would look into either the Integral Bel Air or one of the Fit Flow completes. All of them are sweet complete bikes that are spec'ed out really nice. The Bel Air even comes with stock with Primo HOllowbite cranks and a Primo pro cassette wheel.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Of the bikes you mentioned I'd say go for the Eastern. Or buck up and spring for a real frame like a Kink or FBM :devil:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
to tell you the truth, i'd order from staff-bmx.com and if not go to danscomp.com and custom build it within your budget. pay another $20 to have em due the most of the wrok, then you do your brakes, your front tire, your seat and your bars and pedals and thats about it..i wouldn't go with a dk, i would go with a fit, and a medium or large frame. i am 5' 6" and i got a small, and i'm still growing, but they all ride the same, sometimes a little bigger gives you some more stability..one thing i want to suggest is make sure you get a nice fork and nice rims..i love my pitchfork, and whatever you do don't get easten cassette rims in a package for $100..they suck, i need to replace mine..don't cut corners, it will come back at you..if you refuse to order online(trust me though me and a lot of other people order from those places frequently) and if you don't want anything from online don't get eastern, me and my friends haven't had the greatest luck with their parts and bikes..and since you will be airing a lot, make sure you get a decently thick frame and 19mm dropout/rims since 3/4 inch ones won't be as strong or stable..if you need any other info let me know

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
habitatxskate said:
[snip]....
.and since you will be airing a lot, make sure you get a decently thick frame and 19mm dropout/rims since 3/4 inch ones won't be as strong or stable..if you need any other info let me know
19mm dropouts and rims no 3/4 inch ones...??

do you mean...14mm dropouts/axles...instead of 3/8" ones...?

if so...i agree, any BMX where youre actually gonna do some real bmx riding and not racing, then 14mm dropouts are key...

now, if thats what you were talking about...and you dont know those numbers, then i dont think youre the one to ask for more info....:rolleyes:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
ahh, Dirty, now i feel like i have down syndrome..i used to have 14mm, and then i went to 19 for other stuff, but yeah i feel retarded...ahaah...sorry about that, but do make sure you go 19mm...and whatever you do don't get a 3/8(yes! i did it) fork or frame and convert it to 19mm, that is just dumb