• Keep the hummer

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Both those cars look like a colossal waste of cash. You could just buy a 99 Camry and have a bunch of money to save or pay off bills with.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
More of a waste than an H3?

I wouldn't have bought that to begin with, but I ride the bus.
Oddly enough, when I was in Portland over summer, I rented an H3 to go up to Seattle & Whistler with. It wasnt a piece of crap, really any more than anything else, and the mileage wasnt as bad as my Jeep Cherokee was, but the damned windows in the thing are TINY. You cant see people next to you or beside you for crap. They're dangerous for that reason alone. And also, they really arent that big. I couldnt get two assembled bikes in the back of it with out really stuffing them in. It's just a jacked up Honda CRV IMO.
Anyway, I meant he should sell the H3 and buy a camry. I hate the bus.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oddly enough, when I was in Portland over summer, I rented an H3 to go up to Seattle & Whistler with. It wasnt a piece of crap, really any more than anything else, and the mileage wasnt as bad as my Jeep Cherokee was, but the damned windows in the thing are TINY. You cant see people next to you or beside you for crap. They're dangerous for that reason alone. And also, they really arent that big. I couldnt get two assembled bikes in the back of it with out really stuffing them in. It's just a jacked up Honda CRV IMO.
Anyway, I meant he should sell the H3 and buy a camry. I hate the bus.
I just think it's funny what they charge for them is all.

Portland buses are awesome. I get a lot of reading done and there are interesting people to observe when I get tired of reading. The 57 runs every 15 minutes and I can ride my bike from the transit center to the office without dying (about 8 miles on the DH bike).

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The 335i is fast and solid, but still looks like David Bowie's morning sh!t.

If MSRP means anything, it looks like Herr Mancil is looking at performance oriented sedans in the $35k range, so I offered up what I thought was appropriate. If he was indeed looking at a Forester, an S4 Avant sounds right up his alley if he didn't like the driving dynamics of the Subie.

An older IS300 with a turbo would be a beast, but something tells me you're not into that sort of thing. Buy one for $15k, dump $10k on mods, and it will kick the crap out of any car posted in this thread. And look better...and drive better. Can't say how reliable it'd be. But, like I said, doesn't sound like that's what you want.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Sounds like you're a man with the financial means so....

A 5 series or even better, an M5. I'm not a huge guy and the 3 series seems narrow and generally small inside to me....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
After you buy your yuppiemobile:

Scenario - Finish ride, ready to drive home...

Rider 1: Hey open the door.
You: No way, you are all muddy, you can't sit down in my car.
Rider 1: (Punches you in face for being a yuppie)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's a shame no one makes decent station wagons anymore....

The fun you could have not giving a fvck on the highway or in a parking lot can not be measured.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Or maybe it exudes, "I made good financial decisions in life and now want to surround myself in luxury because I've earned it."
Well I'm glad to know someone has a clue - thank you.

I'm 30 - house will be paid off in 10 years. Other then my lease I have Zero monthly bills. (not including utilities) I have 12% going into 401k, I have a college fun setup got my son.

So if I want to buy a nice car, well I'm sure as hell going to buy one. Most of you might think it's a waste of cash - you might think I'm trying to make up for some little dick issues.

Thats fine, cause I don't give a damn what any of you think about me!

However - 99% of you didn't let me down, when I posted my question I knew that most of you would be tools and couldn't just answer my very simple question.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm glad you are doing well for yourself.

But it doesn't change the fact that it's still a waste of money, even if you have money to waste. My friends like to point out the fact that I make more than them (some much more) yet I ride the bus to work while they drive nice rigs. Why? Because I feel it's the best use of my time and money.

It's about personal choice. You can't seem to make the choice yourself, so you asked.