Quantcast

Which coils fit Fox

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I'm getting pissed off over fox's stupidity at the moment.

How the fuck do you sell shit, for your shit, that doesn't fit your shit?

Their 600x 3.25" spring won't fit their DHX2 cause it's too long... But their 500x3.25" spring will cause it's shorter.

Which coils will fit on their DHX2 as far as diameter beside their piece of shit coils?
Apparently, the coil can only be up to 6.84"
Looking for 3" Stroke compatability

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I called Cane Creek and talked to a guy named Tom. Great guy, not pushy or in a rush and willing to help me out. It ends up that he went to measure the Valt spring and called me back in several minutes to verify that the is Valt will fit since it's shorter than the Fox spring. The dhx2 has a lot of thread, so I know it will work. Plus, the diameter is the same inside and out (@Westy ) as Fox springs.

Coincidentally, I just googled "600x3" spring and it showed Cane Creeks website had that exact spring for $5! :clue:

I told Tom and was surprised and asked what website that was on. I told him to not report it for 5 minutes while I complete my order. Lol

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Be careful with Hyper coils on Fox shox. I had one on a DHX and near bottom the bulge in the middle of the coil would catch the end of the reservoir body.

Made a nasty sound that I felt through my legs, thought I coil bound it.
No such issues on this one, but thanks.

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I'm getting pissed off over fox's stupidity at the moment.

How the fuck do you sell shit, for your shit, that doesn't fit your shit?

Their 600x 3.25" spring won't fit their DHX2 cause it's too long... But their 500x3.25" spring will cause it's shorter.

Which coils will fit on their DHX2 as far as diameter beside their piece of shit coils?
Apparently, the coil can only be up to 6.84"
Looking for 3" Stroke compatability
Fox's 500lb coil for their 3.5" stroke shock (a setup for Surrons) is too long to install without compressing. I compress the spring in a bench vice and put a BUNCH of zip ties around the coils to keep it compressed. Put it on the shock, then cut the zip ties. To remove a spring I have someone sit on the bike to compress it while zip ties are put on the spring.