Quantcast

Which Credit card company has the best points system?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Going to get laser eye surgery soon and I can pay for it via credit card, yes I will pay it off all at once. So I figured that I'd at least get some miles or points for it. So which card/company has the hooks you up the most? I'm leaning toward Capital One. They claim that their points can be applied to any airline.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stay away from points cards if they have an annual fee. my opinion is that no annual fee cards that have cash back (discover, amex blue) are the way to go.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Right now I like my Citi Upromise card, I get 1% of my bill each month credited towards my hefty college loan. Upromise can work as a savings plan too, so if you have kids the savings could go towards a future college loan.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I dig my REI Visa. 1% back to your REI dividend on all non-REI purchases. Full 10% (instead of the 8.5% with other credit cards) to your dividend on REI purchases. I haven't spent much at REI in recent years and yet I always get a fat dividend check. :) Probably not all that useful but the "free" shopping spree at REI each spring is fun! :D

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Goddy43 said:
Right now I like my Citi Upromise card, I get 1% of my bill each month credited towards my hefty college loan. Upromise can work as a savings plan too, so if you have kids the savings could go towards a future college loan.
I agree - I have twins so every little bit is gonna help. Especially since they are not even two years old yet. I hate Citi, but I do like UPromise. We linked it to all the grandparents' accounts, too.:thumb:

toby

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Brian HCM#1 said:
My main (favorite card) Capitol One Platinum. It gives me miles for any airline. The cash back for most CC's are so minuscule it's not really worth it.

w/my GM card I got over $3500 off my truck

beamer

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
Springville, Utah
It all depends on your spending habits, and what you want to use the points for. I like using my American Express because I get cash back plus it has Purchase Protection, so almost everything that I buy is protected against "accidental" damage ;) with in 90 days (you break, they buy). I have used it a few times and it works like a charm.