Quantcast

Which Fork!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sorry I had too, LMAO!:thumb: Probably the most played out title!

Dont bother flaming, I know theres a ton of these its a joke. Its the opposite of which should I buy! :thumb: I fork whored latley so I started swapping forks for the fun of it! I don't care about any of the issues i covered all bases so far by buying them all!!!! (still hunting a boxxer wc and have my paws on a totem shortly :D!) -I see a parts sale soon :D (actually the wife does!:rant:)
FOX 40 RC2

66 RC3

888 WC

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Is there a reason why your LG1 is overly rotated forward?
Yes its called a high chain line from top pulley wheel!
edit: I adjusted it back all the way and it gives little to no mud clearance so its 2/3rds of its rotation back now!
Didnt really pay attention, rides and pedals fine shifts fine and chain stays put so I figured if it isnt broke dont fix it!

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
i dunno which fork, man. you tell us. you're the bastid with 3 bitchen forks for the same bike. since you've eliminated any variables, tell us which is the best fork.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't see the point of a single crown for DH. Yeah, you may be able to get away with it, and it may work, but a triple crown tends to be lighter and stiffer. If you're racing, stick with a triple, my vote is the 888.

If you're freeriding or you like doing barspins on your DH run, the 66 is fine.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Yeah which backplate do you have on that E13? What size shock does it use? What are your impressions of each fork with it?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
First off its the wide vs LG1, Mike hooked it up from E13 (told me which one) And yes any smaller of a radius and it would be too small.

Fox has stupid small bump compliance compared to the 66 or 888 hands down, it has good mid stroke and I didn't get a chance to hammer it yet. 66 is great all around its plush butter with a very smooth feel and the air assist is a huge help on dialing it in. The 888 WC is a strange fellow, I rode it with the high speed comp all the way on and it rocked, tracked brilliant and handled without getting weird. Should have been washbordy feeling but it wasnt.
Got the teflon works treatment done to both the 888 and the 66 last week! Smooooooooooth! :D:D:D:D
The 40 feels like its dry even after lubing the foam oring, compared to a marzocchi. The 40 also feels numb compared to the 888, it is a great fork and Ill ride it too see but initial is a very BLAH feeling over stuff.

The 66 is by far the fastest feeling of them as well as proves to be more fun.
Stack heights are fox 40 tallest, 888wc is 1/8 shorter and 1/16th taller then the 66. 66 has a drop crown lower and the 888 is straight even, wit ha 5.5" ht and the 888 having flat top crowns means I have to lower the 888 to its lowest setting putting it on par with the 66 = a 65.5 HA. The 66 flicks easier and is more nimble feeling.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Why the hell are you asking us what the better fork is when YOU have them to compare right there? Maybe, just MAYBE, it could be another case of the "I have too much disposable income and bikes and not enough to do" syndrome.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why the hell are you asking us what the better fork is when YOU have them to compare right there? Maybe, just MAYBE, it could be another case of the "I have too much disposable income and bikes and not enough to do" syndrome.
maybe? Puhleez. absolutely!!! :biggrin:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Its a joke on the which fork like I Give a (Bleep)! I know which one will work! and yes Im bored half time! Its only disposable income if it goes to wants and bikes are NEEDS! :monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its a joke on the which fork like I Give a (Bleep)! I know which one will work! and yes Im bored half time! Its only disposable income if it goes to wants and bikes are NEEDS! :monkeydance:
Travis, what your bike NEEDS is for you to spend more time riding it than you do posting pictures of it on the internet and speculating what parts to use. :busted: