Quantcast

Which Fox damper do I want?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
With the confusion between FIT and FIT4, whats the good one? I need a 26" fork and all the 26" 36s listed are FIT which I thought was the crap one but now it looks like it might be reborn as the good one?
They are also listed as "factory" vs "performance" which implies that the FIT is the better one.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
FIT is just their term for the newer upside down damper arrangement.

The 36 has two options now. RC2 and FIT4. The RC2 has classic independent high/low speed compression adjustments. the FIT4 is a 4 position low speed compression adjuster, a-la CTD.

The RC2 is great.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
If you're buying a 2016 Fox 36 in the 26" wheeled variety, you're limited to the "FIT" (NOT "FIT4") damper -- which apparently is much like the old RC2.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
FWIW, I was considering getting a DVO Diamond for my 26" dino-wagon and just running it at 150mm. A2C is almost spot on a 26" Pike/36, and the offset is only 3 mm difference. Not exactly ideal, but hardly the end of the world/Cretaceous period.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I'm hoarding 26" tires, but that's just crazy
Going through my bong shed today looking for lighter tires for the enduro bike, i found 6 pairs of pretty much brand new 26" rubber goodness.
Everything in super tacky and even some slow reezay compounds. Some xc tires, Minions and high rollers and a couple mud tires which made the total body count 15 tires...

Even with 3, 26" bikes currently in the stable, i think ill be good for a while.

Fuck you I wont ride what you tell me!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm actually wondering what it would take to build a small "tire humidor". I'm not sure how long a tire could last even in a humidity & temperature controlled environment, but it would be rad to stock up on some 26" rubber hoops and but good for the next several years.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
There were some Nokian Gazzas (Yes even 3.0s) from back in the day in the shed that I didnt even count because Im just gonna toss m out. They are at least 10 to 12 years old and looked pretty much brand new.
Tires will last a fucking eternity no matter where you keep m.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There were some Nokian Gazzas (Yes even 3.0s) from back in the day in the shed that I didnt even count because Im just gonna toss m out. They are at least 10 to 12 years old and looked pretty much brand new.
Tires will last a fucking eternity no matter where you keep m.
don't toss them, put them on MTBR as "plus" tires :brows: