Quantcast

Which grips are these?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I saw this on an Endura ad on DinkBike. I'm always looking for thin grips. Does anyone know what these are?

Circled in case you don't know where grips go on a bike.

riddler.png

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sensus Lite run the other way around and end cut off?

Looks like Reed Boggs bike (Yeti + dual crown).
From his bike check from last year: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-reed-boggs-custom-rampage-yeti-sb165.html

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Thank you! I think I have a pair of Swayzes in my garage, which are close to the Lites, so I may give this a shot. The Swayze grips are double-clamp, though, so that may not work.

I'll order up some Lites in the meantime.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you have a local Trek dealer, check their Bontrager grip selection. I have a set of older, single sided lock-ons that look like these:
They have a inner plastic sleeve, but it has big holes. When they mold them, quite a bit of the rubber touches the bar, giving them more cushion than usual for such a thin lock-on grip.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
No inner sleeve is kinda a give away to not being a lock on and the rough cut indicates they're Swayze push ons with the flanges cut off.
Could be wrong but in the pic in the first post the end of the grip/bar (rider's right) looks to me more like the plastic end cap of the push ons rather than their metal lock on collar. and the inboard end also looks thinner on the bar than a cut lock on would be.

[EDIT] He was running cut Swayze's here on an SB140 so it's def something he does.

If you want really great performing thin ribbed lock on's Sensus Lite's are the best I've ever used. Just perfect for me in all conditions. The only downside to them is not lasting all that long. at 29mm diameter if your preference is for even thinner grips than that your only option is going to be push-ons. Swayze push ons are great grips too but push ons just aren't a sensible best choice for all weather year round UK riding

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

I normally don't love Yeti's but that is shiny

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Yeah, the quest for thinness has me with push-ons currently. Renthal super-stickies with their grip glue holds up for most of a season.

I'm going to give the Swayzes a shot.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Have you considered just plastidiping your bars? Like the actual tool grip dip and not the spray? If you're that obsessed with thin grips.

For more reasonable thin grips, I think the factory Santa Cruz ones are the best, I have to keep buying my wife bikes to keep grips supplied for my trail bike. But they kill me on the DH bike, the tiny diameter + braking so much = hurt hands.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I do have a set of those SC grips that came with my Hightower. They're great in terms of thickness, but I prefer ribbed.

Yes, I know what I just typed.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I do have a set of those SC grips that came with my Hightower. They're great in terms of thickness, but I prefer ribbed.

Yes, I know what I just typed.
i don’t really have anything to add I just want to make sure you can’t edit it later.