Quantcast

which handlebar do I want?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Hello,

I currently have a sunline V1 bar on my bike that Im pretty happy with.
I want to replace the narrow bar on my XC bike with something similar but Im not sure what to get.

The sweep on on the V1 (both up and back) is pretty much bang on for me so I want something similar (I cant find the sweep details on the sunline website anymore).

I cant get another V1 bar as sunline dont make push bike bits anymore. I cant get renthal as its sold out with the supplier.
Is the answer pro taper any good these days?

ta

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
easton haven (711mm) and havoc (750mm) are essentially the same bars. i have the v1s on a couple bikes, and havocs on the other two. i compared them side by side and they are identical, aside from the havocs being 5mm wider overall. i guess that settles who was making the bars for sunline....

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Hello,

I currently have a sunline V1 bar on my bike that Im pretty happy with.
I want to replace the narrow bar on my XC bike with something similar but Im not sure what to get.

The sweep on on the V1 (both up and back) is pretty much bang on for me so I want something similar (I cant find the sweep details on the sunline website anymore).

I cant get another V1 bar as sunline dont make push bike bits anymore. I cant get renthal as its sold out with the supplier.
Is the answer pro taper any good these days?

ta
Good call on the Renthal. I have them and love them!

Candy Components makes a nice bar as well!

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Does anyone know the sweep details for the V1?
I keep finding info saying its a 5 & 9 degree sweep but nothing to say which is which.

Im guessing its 5 deg upsweep and 9 deg back?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Diety dirty thirty's
I secong this. But I'd swap your old DH bars to XC bike, and get fresh bars for the DH bike. If you want wider than Dirty 30s Diety do Black Label at 800 or whatever. These bars are pretty much the lightest Ally bar, if you want stiffer, then Gravity are stiff and hella tuff, but weigh heaps more than the Dietys.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I ride chromags now and dont think they can really be beat from a feel perspective. When i replace them though i'll prob get the enve just to knock some weight off...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I ride chromags now and dont think they can really be beat from a feel perspective. When i replace them though i'll prob get the enve just to knock some weight off...
That. My OSX have been awesome so far and the angles aren't that far from sunlines either.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
I went from the Sunline to Chromag.

It's been taking some time to get used to the sweep difference. It might be a small number but I still notice it. Thinking of switching to something with the same sweep at the Sunline that I was accustom to.