Quantcast

which junior will win the African WC?

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I run a fantasy dh league with my friends each year, and the person that picks the highest ranking junior gets a bonus in points. Last year it was pretty much all Troy Brosnan, but Buchanan did edge him out in the last race, and this year it looks to be a much more competitive field.

So my question, as the African leg seems quite pedally, suiting a fit rider, who does everyone think will take it for the juniors? They all seem to be more technical riders and not exactly powerhouses. Neko is big, but on the dirt article he lists pedalling as his weakness. Thoughts?

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Is this the thread were everyone list the junior from his/her own country?

Fooking stoked either way, not long now 8) juniors will be as exciting as senior this year!!

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
From said Dirt article:

"Weakness: Pretty Girls

Strengths: Mud, Pedaling, Rough track"
wow, reading fail on my part. I was clearly distracted by the pretty girls.

I'm excited for a more even junior series this year. Buchanan had some great results last year, smoking Troy at windham and crankworks, hopefully he can stay on his bike more this year. I also hope connor gets out to all the races.

and this isn't cheating on my fantasy league, it's thorough due diligence, after all, there's a case of beer on the line each race!

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
Connor Fearon who won in Australia and beat Troy Brosnan too.

is danny hart a junior still? if he is my money would be on him. that clip of connon fearon is bad ass...but danny hart's pinball wizard part in dirt finally 2 part 4 is crazy! it looks like he's barely touches the ground through that whole section...

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006

is danny hart a junior still? if he is my money would be on him. that clip of connon fearon is bad ass...but danny hart's pinball wizard part in dirt finally 2 part 4 is crazy! it looks like he's barely touches the ground through that whole section...
I believe he moved up last year to seniors.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Nope. Danny was born in 1991 so he will be 19/20 this year. He is fast though. I remember seeing him in Alpe D Huez before the Megaavalanche. Even when he only rode for fun on the 1. track he was going warp speed.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
dude he beat him once. Lets not forget where Troy stood last year. Troy if he's getting bigger and stronger has what it takes to be a dominant rider.
He's beaten Troy a few times now and just won the Oceanias with the fastest time of the day beating the Seniors.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
False. Brosnan won Oceanias ;)
My bad. Was looking at the quali times.

Still - The Seth Efrican track looks to require a fair bit of leg power. Both of the Aussie lads are weedy fellas so they'll have their work cut out for them.

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
I think with the uci having more practice time for the top 80 it will pretty much rule out Fearon for a big result in the first race. Last year Brosnan was reported (maybe Revolution?) as just trying to qualify for the finals in the first race so he got more practice time at the second race. Does anyone know if Mullaly will be seeded for next year? Will the uci count 2nd in Worlds for seeding a world cup?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
dude he beat him once. Lets not forget where Troy stood last year. Troy if he's getting bigger and stronger has what it takes to be a dominant rider.
Connor and Troy have been trading wins for a couple of years, but Connor wasn't old enough to be on the junior worlds team last year. Brosnan has beaten him a few times this season, though Connor did crash in a couple of races (crashed twice in Tassie and still came 6th or 8th or something ridiculous). When you watch them ride, Connor usually looks noticeably faster through anything hairy IMO - but he crashes a lot and obviously doesn't have the international race experience that Troy does. Brosnan rarely bins it or messes up badly, he looks a lot more in control.

At one of the state series races earlier this season, Connor crashed badly in his quali run and ended up qualifying one position ahead of me (on the track I usually do best at, basically involves plowing through rocks for 3 minutes)... he pulled 15 seconds on me in the final, I could hear the crowd going nuts not far behind me when I was near the bottom of the track and was seriously worried he was going to catch me! Unsurprisingly he won that race too. Was pretty stressful sitting in the gate knowing that if I made any mistakes he was almost certainly going to catch me! He's been dominating the Elite category for the state series down here - and it's not like he's lacking in competition, we have both the Panozzos for starters.

Last edited:

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Connor and Troy have been trading wins for a couple of years, but Connor wasn't old enough to be on the junior worlds team last year. Brosnan has beaten him a few times this season, though Connor did crash in a couple of races (crashed twice in Tassie and still came 6th or 8th or something ridiculous). When you watch them ride, Connor usually looks noticeably faster through anything hairy IMO - but he crashes a lot and obviously doesn't have the international race experience that Troy does. Brosnan rarely bins it or messes up badly, he looks a lot more in control.
Looks like Brosnan has edged him out again at the Oceania champs.