Quantcast

Which of the following helmet designs would you buy?

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
I went and tried on a bunch of full face helmets yesterday, and the Giro Remedy just blew all the others out of the water in terms of comfort, quality, and looks.

Which design would you guys get? I may have an opportunity to have it professionally painted with some cool custom design for very cheap from a friend, but I'm not counting on it.

http://www.thebellstore.com/Other/bellbicycle/Remedy.html

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I like the red and white '07 one. I just got one on ebay, because those are hard to find now. The newer ones, like
are boring compared to the '07 ones like
, in my opinon. They don't have much color and have a lot of black so they all the pretty much the same.

Maybe get one that matches your bike and/or clothes?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
The 4th or 5th one down... Depends what kind of gear you have (or even bike if your pickey).

By the way... I just got a troy lee designs not to long ago... Absolutely amazing if it's in your price range. Give tld a shot.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That would be any since all the paint has to be removed to be done right.
Actually, that is Untrue. Its harder to paint a Helmet that is raw then to paint a helmet that is not. You need to use an Adhesine<sp> promoter to make the primer stick to the helmet when dealing with a raw shell. Where as if it is already painted, you need just evenly scuff the surfice, and shoot away. Youa re actually better off to not remove all the paint, but to paint on top of the exsisting.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Actually, that is Untrue. Its harder to paint a Helmet that is raw then to paint a helmet that is not. You need to use an Adhesine<sp> promoter to make the primer stick to the helmet when dealing with a raw shell. Where as if it is already painted, you need just evenly scuff the surfice, and shoot away. Youa re actually better off to not remove all the paint, but to paint on top of the exsisting.
:imstupid:

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Dangit..I had my heart set on the red and white one...but the place called me today saying they dont have them for some odd reason...

Now I'm torn between the matte black and titanium cityscape:
vs

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
well...I appreciate all the opinions but I came to the realization that the matte finish will get scratched very easily. So, I ended up getting this one for $82 after a price match from Universal Cycles. No shipping or tax either!

My bike is completely red and black so it will match nicely

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.

Antoine and I say the white and red! It looks clean and would go good with anything you wear. Even if you chose to go in the woods shirtless with just a nice dark mocha tan, like a wild jungle boy all sweaty and everything... eEEeew! Well stick me with a fork and call me Tarzan, cuz I'm dun!

Wobbler

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
I've got one of the brown cityscape ones, had one of the red/black/white ones till I smashed it into a tree. The brown cityscape one looks better in real life than pics.