Quantcast

Which pads for Codes?

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
I'm looking to get replacement pads for my Codes and my wife's Juicy 7s..both of us ride DH / FR....which sets can anyone recommend?
Fibrax or Goodridge or Avids?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Any sintered pad should be fine, long lasting good power Etc. My Juicy sevens still have the original Sintered pads in them, which just due to racing season about to start, I am going to be replacing here on saturday, going to use teh same pads on there, seeing how its what we have in stock, I would like to go with the goodridge though. And just to back up what others have said, Yes Avid sintered pads are loud and noisy. As long as your ok with that , they work great

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Try to get some sintered / metallic pads if you can.

I've found organics feel great at slower speeds but as soon as they warm up, the sintered/metallic pads feel a lot better.

I'm running one metallic and one organic.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
my stock pads are too strong for me i'm thinking maybe i'll get some pads with a little less power and a little more modulation. any suggestions?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Try to get some sintered / metallic pads if you can.

I've found organics feel great at slower speeds but as soon as they warm up, the sintered/metallic pads feel a lot better.

I'm running one metallic and one organic.

This is a plan! I like it!

I have only run the stock pads so far, but have heard good things about running mixed pads, especially with regards to code.

Any real benefit to the aftermarket brands? Downsides? Im all for performanc, but would prefer not to have to change my pads TOO often?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
codes, stock pads which i believe are sintered....sorry wasn't trying to change the topic! i'll probably end up actually using the "search" function though, so it's all good

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I believe the Codes come stock w/ organic pads. Mine and another friends did, at least. Switched to sintered...they last much longer and definitely aren't too strong when you don't want them to be.

You'll know if they're organic if you see an "O" on the back of the pad itself.