Quantcast

Which shoose to choose?

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Suggestions on hardy summer mtb shoes that don't break the bank?
Something you can walk on rocks with too without feeling like you're in high heels ... not that I have been in high heels ... lately.

My birfday is coming up. ;)
Thx

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
The most all-around comfortable shoes (for those long rocky climbs/water crossings) I have found usually come from the Specialized line. Although I really like my Sidi's too but those are my Sunday go to mtb church shoes.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've had a few pairs of diadoras over the years... no complaints. But last summer I bought a pair of Specialized (not sure the model, but one of their more affordable pair... like $65 IIRC). They are noticeably stiffer, noticeably more comfy, but can still be walked in. I'm very happy with them thus far.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
:biggrin: Gotta love the RM humor.

Thanks Splat ... but I have found heels and my varicose veins just don't work. :disgust1:

I have Lake winter shoes ... thems good, but heavy.
I'll check out specialized as well.
Thx

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
some bike shops may have them laying around. nike made the whistler air shoe and when nike left trek they had a sale on the shoes. I got 2 pair for $30 each. not back considering i got a whole season out of them riding and walking around with them. And the original price was something like $120.