Quantcast

Whidbey Mudder XC Race - May 23rd

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Hey! Thanks for the heads up! :)

I think I'll drag my mom up to the Island for the race and site seeing since the guys will be in Whistler.

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Robert's getting lots of replies, should be a descent turnout for the Fifth annual! Went out and groomed the course a bit yesterday. It's going to be very fast this year, not too much dust. The more recent singletrack has packed in sweetly over the winter, and the more open areas have been trimmed back to allow some good passing. Just over 5 miles total. Bring single speeds if you got 'em, Robert's got a special place in his heart for that crowd, and has a extra prize set for that class! See y'all out there!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Sounds like a great course......how is it techy wise? Climbing? I'm still not up to full lung strengh from being so ill.

If mom is down for heading over I'm there, oh and if my soccer playoff game is later in the day.

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
It's a pretty low-tech course, a couple grinder climbs, but good descents, too. A bit of tighter single track through the alders. Couple log crossings. Next year's course is going to be bad ass, though. All super tight tech singletrack, and a pretty long lap. Couldn't quite get all the access issues straightened out in time for this weekends race, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm assisting rather than racing this time. Hope to see everyone there!