Quantcast

While walking home from school i met the steriotype a la hick.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I was walking home from school today and I couldnt have ever seen a better hick steriotype. Guy is driving a lifted pickup (american of course), the bed is eaten by rust and filled with beer cans and what not. Truck has no aparent muffling system and is super loud... inside in the rear window is a large confederate flag... any way, this guy sprays me as he goes by and gets dirty water all over me, man it sucked, but i was too much of a pussy to give him the finger. Im sure there was a gun rack in front of that flag, or a flamethrower or somthing scary. :oink:

strange story of the day.

Oh, i also got a F on my english paper and failed my drivers permit... its been a great friday :thumb: :heart:

Godamnit, i mean how many people here know how far away you can park from a stop sing?

J

JRB

mack said:
Oh, i also got a F on my english paper and failed my drivers permit... its been a great friday :thumb: :heart:

Godamnit, i mean how many people here know how far away you can park from a stop sing?
This could be the most shocking thing ever. :eek:

J

JRB

Oh - btw - you didn't actually meet said hick if no words were exchanged. :think:

Splashed by, yes. Actually met, no.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mack said:

We believe you got an F in engrish... we're glad you are not on the road with us. ;)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Ciaran said:
We believe you got an F in engrish... we're glad you are not on the road with us. ;)

I know! Last grade i got was an A. It seems this site isnt helping much, apparently my grammar sucks and i cant write papers that portray "direct characterization" or somthing like that. :stosh:

At least im good at math, probably the only thing usefull that i am taking now, latin and history are, well latin and history. :mumble:

J

JRB

mack said:
It seems this site isnt helping much, apparently my grammar sucks and i cant write papers that portray "direct characterization" or somthing like that. :stosh:
This could be the most flippin moronic thing you ever typed. WE TRY LIKE HELL, but you continue to use horrible spelling and grammar while posting your imbecilic drivel.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
loco said:
This could be the most flippin moronic thing you ever typed. WE TRY LIKE HELL, but you continue to use horrible spelling and grammar while posting your imbecilic drivel.
***sarcasim***

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I knew i spelled it wrong, but was too lazy to look it up. What gets me in engrish is lack of writing skills. Not as in spelling or even so much grammer, but like understanding ideas or trying to say what i mean.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i had that problem in high school, too. my senior year, i thought, "screw it." so i started writing exactly what was going through my head. my grades went up a little. then i saw some movie where there was the line "first draft from the heart, second from the head." i started using that as a guide. my writing grades went up a lot. i have no problems preparing papers now. it's writing them in class (essay exams) where i run into problems.

-edit-

Finding Forrester......

No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
the Inbred said:
i had that problem in high school, too. my senior year, i thought, "screw it." so i started writing exactly what was going through my head. my grades went up a little. then i saw some movie where there was the line "first draft from the heart, second from the head." i started using that as a guide. my writing grades went up a lot. i have no problems preparing papers now. it's writing them in class (essay exams) where i run into problems.

-edit-

Finding Forrester......

No thinking - that comes later. You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to write, not to think!
Great movie! I kinda do the same thing w/ the heart and head thing. In fact, (pay attention here Mack), I read over my post at least 3 times before submitting. And this is AFTER I send it thru MS Word's spell checker. A lot of mistakes are intentional (example: kinda, thru, gimme, lemme, ect), but to pooch a thread title w/ "steriotype"?!? Doooood!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i used to go over posts before hitting the "Submit" button, but stopped 'cause i figured it was the internet. i do refrain from the gimme, thru, lemme, etc, though. kinda gets me, as does gotta.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I have to give Mack credit tho (that one was for you Inbred ;) ), he's not nearly as bad as that other kid...Monashu or something like that? That kid couldn't construct a coherent sentence to save his life! And, we all know how much Chicodude loves him for that ;) Then, there was another kid, NorCal Hucker (again, not 100% certain on his nick) who ChicoDude and I was trying to understand, but simply couldn't.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Pau11y said:
I have to give Mack credit tho (that one was for you Inbred ;) ), he's not nearly as bad as that other kid...Monashu or something like that? That kid couldn't construct a coherent sentence to save his life! And, we all know how much Chicodude loves him for that ;) Then, there was another kid, NorCal Hucker (again, not 100% certain on his nick) who ChicoDude and I was trying to understand, but simply couldn't.
oh now your gonna get it... chicodue and i WAS trying to understand
i think you mean were

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
the Inbred said:
nope. none of the little abbreviations. ppl, brb, lol, wtf, rofl, et cetera.
what about N E WAYZ?

I've been meaning to pick up and go through this grammar book that I bought for an editing class, but can't seem to get around to it. In the meantime, I go by the CPA writing train of thought--Conclusion, points, arguments. Funny thing is, my essays are much shorter too when I use that format.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
dirtjumpP.1 said:
oh now your gonna get it... chicodue and i WAS trying to understand
i think you mean were
Nope, you're right; I ate crap on that one. I've always mixed up my singular and plurals since day one. But my excuse is English is not my native tongue. In Chinese, to address plurals, there’s another phrase altogether. Most of the time, ppl just use the singular version for the plural.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i try not to make fun of grammar/spelling too much, because im afraid ill screw up making fun of them and get owned like you just did

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i would just like to say this thread has reminded me of 2 songs.

George Strait - Love without End, Amen:

I got sent home from school one day with a shiner on my eye.
Fightin’ was against the rules and it didn’t matter why.
When dad got home I told that story just like I’d rehearsed.
And then stood there on those tremblin’ knees and waited for the worst.

and

artist and song not needed. if you don't know who this is, you ain't down (who ever transcribed this did a poor job):

well i was comin home late one dark afternoon
a reporter stopped me for a interview
she said she's heard stories and she's heard fables
that i'm vicious on the mike and the turntables
this young reporter i did adore
so i rocked a vicious rhyme like i never did before
she said damn fly guy im in love with you
the casanova legend must have been true
i said by the way baby what's your name
said i go by the name of lois lane
and you could be my boyfiend you surely can
just let me quit my boyfriend called superman
i said he's a fairy i do suppoose
flyin through the air in pantyhose
he may be very sexy or even cute
but he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit
i said you need a man who's got finesse
and his whole name across his chest
he may be able to fly all through the night
but can he rock a party til the early light
he cant satisfy you with his little worm
but i can bust you out with my super sperm

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i try not to make fun of grammar/spelling too much, because im afraid ill screw up making fun of them and get owned like you just did
Hate to point this out then. In you "owning" me, you spelled ChicoDude's nick wrong. But I'm pretty sure I did too as I don't believe he spells his nick w/ a cap. D for dude.