Quantcast

while we're talking racing... MTNX/DS?

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
i really wanted to try racing DS/MTNX this year, looks like slim pickins unless i want to drive 8 hours north or southwest.

---NORBA Nat's at Snowshoe (DS) june 10-13th

---Blue Knob (claysburg, pa) MTNX July 17th-18th

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
the blue knob course kicks crazy amounts of ass, i helped build it, the only problem is that the dirt is 50% rocks 25% sand and 25% clay, not the smoothest mix.

Morgan

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
If you all wanna practice DS/MTX the best place is Wakefield. Just ride that twisty single track behind the baseball fields, the one that runs along the streams. Closest thing to mtx in the area. Lesson learned: sprinting and enter and exit out of turns and braking.

Next go to any wall put front wheel on wall and track stand. Lesson learned: gate starting

Then go to "the place off the highway" and practice jumping very low without popping. Leasson Learned : speed jumping

Then hit up the BMX track at Woodbridge and run that a few times. Lesson learned: sprinting and pumping backsides

Now you are ready to rock!

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
el grino manifico tiene una cortina rijida y una rampa para ver si puede cagar el cadaver como la ultima vez cuando hizo un 180 en su besindario!!!!!!!!!

If you would like this translated send a cashier's check to Julio Vargas and wait 6-8 months for delivery....

ZAW

Chimp
Feb 8, 2004
Fairfx
Snowshoe has a MTX course this year, and they have a race their at the NORBA but they also have a race there on their "mayhem in the mountains" race. Hopefully I'll make the mayhem race, probably not the national.