Quantcast

Whistla 2018.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Last couple years we have been doing a guys trip at Whistler. Always a good time. Usually just rent a condo right outside of the village and split it up. Pack the bikes up, fly into Vancouver, take the shuttle to Whistler and ride for a week straight.

First year going Gucci with my credit card perks. Lounge access on the house is the only way to fly. Buddy at work got me started on the points game and I'm addicted now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Which trail is the wooden bridge after the bears? I'm not recognizing it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@kazlx points are where it's at. I used to travel extensively for a prior job. Had enough points that I got a free stay at a brand new 5 star resort in Maui when we too our honeymoon. Fuckin' baller. Plus I still had status.... So more extra perks. Free champagne upon arrival

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
@kazlx points are where it's at. I used to travel extensively for a prior job. Had enough points that I got a free stay at a brand new 5 star resort in Maui when we too our honeymoon. Fuckin' baller. Plus I still had status.... So more extra perks. Free champagne upon arrival
No doubt. Sort of a side note, but I got a Chase Sapphire Reserve card. I about shit myself when my buddy at work told me it was $450 annually. After traveling with the perks, it's worth it (if you travel at all, it's geared towards travel). They give you an automatic $300 travel credit, cover the cost of the $100 Global Entry, lounge access at all the airports and 3X points on travel and dining. Plus there's all sorts of extras like trip insurance, car rental insurance, flight delay coverage and stuff like that, if needed. We just finished a big remodel on our house and charged everything we could. I've had a little experience with points before and got cool stuff with my previous credit union, but this is way better. I didn't use points to book this trip since it's so cheap, but still used the traveling perks. I'm a believer as this is the first trip I really have got to take advantage of everything. We already have about 300K points that the wife and I are going to use to plan a dope vacation for the two of us.

FWIW, using the 'Chase Trifecta' setup if anyone is interested in looking into it. And if you do decide to sign up for any Chase card, hit me up for a referral link :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Sort of bummed this trip. Usually I bring my SLR and get some better shots when we session some stuff. Totally forgot to pack it this year. Rode more and did take as many pics besides the few iphone ones.

For anyone that wants to go and hasn't been, it really isn't all that expensive (relatively speaking for a trip).

Flights can be had for a few hundred, taking the bike isn't back, condos can be rented for under $100 a night and I think the 5 day park pass was $300. We are usually all in for a week under $1000. Plus the costs can be spread out since we book flight in Jan-Feb, then condo, then pay bike fees at flight check-in, pay for the lift pass when you get there. They have a few markets that you can walk to and all the condos have kitchens if you don't want to eat out. We usually just grab pre-made sandwiches and a drink at the market for a few bucks.

Plus, exchange rate makes everything about 25% off for us right now.