Quantcast

whistlaaaaaa

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
so yeah im in whistler drinking beer posting this...thought everyone would want to see...

the left coast rules.

yes i rode this, for all ya punks asking me 'why do you have that big bike at north park on wed this is why.

yo kids here are some more of today's gnar, headed back down to vancouver tomorrow to ride the north shore.

out.

[/list]

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
Your buddy with the KOna, is that the cowan DS? How did it perform on the trails? I have one but mainly dirt jump on it. I know for a fact it's not design for trail riding!

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
Bill,
Looks like you guys owned the mountain. How crowded was it? How did you like those bike carriers? They have the same ones in Winter Park. Easy on easy off.

Panadog

Chimp
Aug 29, 2007
I am headed up to whisler in a couple days and saw a video with this section - It just looks like tons of fun. Could anyone identify the trail?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
what run is that with the long ladder skinny? I forget the run it was, it was fun when I rode it 3 weeks ago, I want to make sure I do it again next time.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Bill,
Looks like you guys owned the mountain. How crowded was it? How did you like those bike carriers? They have the same ones in Winter Park. Easy on easy off.
Saturday it was a bit crowded, sunday it rained like crazy but we rode all day and made men out ourselves we were the only ones up on the upper part of the mtn. Monday was the best day we knew all the lines and good routes down the mtn.

The carriers were cool unless you are the guy hanging on the outside hahah

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Your buddy with the KOna, is that the cowan DS? How did it perform on the trails? I have one but mainly dirt jump on it. I know for a fact it's not design for trail riding!
That is the cowan ds he ran his 36 at 5" most of the time and absolutely killed it. Matt is a ripper and shines on all the gnarly skinny/tech sections.

I have to admit we felt pretty damn good cleaning most of the lines on these bikes.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
what run is that with the long ladder skinny? I forget the run it was, it was fun when I rode it 3 weeks ago, I want to make sure I do it again next time.
That is a trail called 'fatrcobat' the best way to get to it right now is to go down 'In Deep' right to the drop in the rooty section, then there is a intersection take the right and that will put you on fatcrobat.

That trail was one of my favorites on the hill...so fun.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
That is a trail called 'fatrcobat' the best way to get to it right now is to go down 'In Deep' right to the drop in the rooty section, then there is a intersection take the right and that will put you on fatcrobat.

Yeah. Fatcrobat is still in good shape...unlike the portion of In Deep (if you take the left) that's still all blown out from the Garbonzo DH race during C-worx....

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005

Yeah that sounds familiar now! I only got to do it once when i was up there, because i was following some friends who had been there before...but next time I go up I'll make sure I get on that run a few more times! That skinny was wicked when it was wet, my friend was blazing down it just infront of me! hah.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
Whistler is a blast even with shorter travel bikes like you guys rode. You just have to pick better lines and get creative with your trail selection. Looks like you had a blast.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Whistler is a blast even with shorter travel bikes like you guys rode. You just have to pick better lines and get creative with your trail selection. Looks like you had a blast.
You know that is funny we rode EVERY trail on that mtn, couple times we should have piled it up but we rolled through tons of horrid stuff on those bikes we couldn't believe how good they handled on trails like goats gully, clown shoes, and joy ride...

We have been riding full on dh on these bikes for a while and you would be suprised what they can handle...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What day did it rain? I was just there and the conditions were perfect. I think I actually saw you a few times on the green BR.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Lets see we were there on sat-mon so it rained sunday like crazy all day, they closed the garbanzo lift because they said noone was riding the upper part of the mtn we were so mad because WE were riding it! hahah it was so gnarly and cold up there in the fog and rain but so much.

Monday was amazing it tacked out real good for a full days dh'ing then the sky opened up at 5...perfect.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I was there Sun (9th) and Mon (10th)and Garbonzo was almost completly dry. There were a few SMALL sections but for the most part it was PERFECT.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive actually never been to Whislter when it hasnt rained until this year. Ive been to Whislter twice a year for the last 4 years. We were lucky.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Is that a Go-Lite Paradigm jacket you are wearing? I have one and due to our drought this year I haven't had it in the rain yet. How did it do?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Is that a Go-Lite Paradigm jacket you are wearing? I have one and due to our drought this year I haven't had it in the rain yet. How did it do?
It is actually an REI jacket that I scored a few weeks ago on their sale...really nice lightweight completely waterproof.

phastey

Chimp
Oct 12, 2007
I was out there in July when the temps were in the upper 80's which is pretty close to perfect for me (I'm used to riding in the 90+'s). I had an absolute blast. I shipped my bike from the East Coast and it only cost $50. If you're thinking about this trip DO IT!

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
ya I was thinking about getting a bottlerocket. How did you like it on the trails up there. I may do the summer gravity camp. Do you think that bike would handle well. i wanna get it because i can do XC on it as well. what suspension are you running on that and what year it is?

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
looks like I may go up there next summer. We got some friends in Vancouver. How did you like the bottlerocket on those trails? Thinking about getting one for like small FR/shore., a little DH, and XC