Quantcast

Whistler close date

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Whistler is going down the 11th. I didn't get up nearly enough. But i have a new bike on the way and might have it done the first couple days of Oct. maybe i'll spend a couple there....

Anyone else sad about the season getting wet and dark?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Its only the very last date they are open weekends. They are open full time till the 3rd.

You have no idea how sad I am. Even more sad because Garbonzo has already seen snow and whistler/blackcomb has snow on top again. Damn catch 22 of living here...winter season is boring.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Whistler is a very sensitive topic for me this year...missed out on 2 trips there this year due to mechanical BS. Missed a 3rd trip 'cuz I didn't have passport/birth-certificate or Voter ID (which I have now, but bike is again down).
Can you say cursed???

I'm w/ ya, Roasted...not a big slope fan as compared to my cycling addictions, although I did board for a season a couple years back. It's fun, but not the kind of fun I'm wanting to have at this point and time of my life.

Needless to say, I'm going to be adding a rig to my stable and next season Whistler is going to be a place that I hope to somehow get sick of...if that's even possible.:cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Fast&Smooth said:
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Missed a 3rd trip 'cuz I didn't have passport/birth-certificate or Voter ID (which I have now, but bike is again down).

u tried goin up with out ID? how were u plannin on getting back in?
I've done it numerous times...just play stupid American and say "I was told I just need ID & SS card". Never had a problem with that.
Of course, we decided to head up there the day/weekend that the Canadian borderfolk were deliberately slowing things down to protest their meager wages in comparison to their American counterparts.

One of these times I'm going to go up there and never come back anyway :)

It is funny how all of you seem to miss the fact that there will still be lots of great riding in the shore for a few months yet.
Whistler is NOT the be all and end all of riding out here in the lower mainland.
Cory, you should seriously think about coming up my way and riding in Pembie,
We will be riding here probably until late Nov. or even Dec.

shootr said:
It is funny how all of you seem to miss the fact that there will still be lots of great riding in the shore for a few months yet.
Whistler is NOT the be all and end all of riding out here in the lower mainland.
yea you have good points, but we dont want to flood the shore with yanks :) and I will be up soon to check out those trials you were telling me aboot eh' :) :thumb:

Well supposedly some NorCal guys are coming this weekend, but I have not heard the confirmation phone call.
This is getting to be the good season in Pemberton as the trails here normally suffer from being far too dry and dusty. Cop Killer will be in excellent shape, and I am in the process of building two new trails out this way... (not like the fifty + other trails are insufficient, it is just that this is really the best place to build the best stuff... so I might as well throw my two cents into the mix)

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
oly said:
Think he means only open weekends now?? I think tha last few weeks they do that.

What bike you rocking?
It's special and there are only 12 in the world. Mine will be the 13th-17th (when i have mine 17 will exist).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
shootr said:
I don't even live there and that's what I was thinking. But by all means......when whistler closes, please believe mountain biking is over....

Norcal guys.........you talking bout zach?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I am hoping to do some trips to squamish, the shore and yes...even pemberton. Heck I would even hit up oasis in rossland if I could make it. My season can't end yet...:D

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
kidwoo said:
I don't even live there and that's what I was thinking. But by all means......when whistler closes, please believe mountain biking is over....

Norcal guys.........you talking bout zach?

It's not the end of biking. but it is the only place to go in a short drive and get as much riding in one day. i will maybe be able to leech onto someone with a truck and get a day or 2 of shuttle runs and get a tiring amount of riding in a day. other then that i can can drive similar distances and get equally tired but mostly from hiking or ... *gasp*... pedaling!!!

Whistler is a wonderful place to ride. for me, i have a pass and i have not even been there in over a month. and that's out of a 4.5 month line up. and i wont get back in there for 7.5 months. it's sad. Whistler is where i get the highest quantity (maybe not the highest quality, but close) in one day.