Quantcast

Whistler Closure

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
They did. I think the lift was only closed for about an hour. However I think they shut it down for good again, around 4.30.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Netguy said:
However I think they shut it down for good again, around 4.30.
Did it continue to rain?

We high-tailed it down to NS. It poured in the upper parking lot on Seymour for about 2 minutes, but then eased up and then stopped. Just enough wet to make CBC really fun.:blah:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Big B said:
I hope Saturday was nice for you. Good plan, running down to the shore!
It was awesome. Actually a two-fer. Fromme on the way up Friday and Seymour on the return.

Sat. and early Sun. were great at Whistler. But man, was it crowded. Mid-summer kind of crowded.

Big B said:
I'm considering a trip up there next weekend as a Father's Day gift to myself!
Nice move.:thumb:.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
Big B said:
...I was probing for info. :clue: nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Are you guys going up there again?
I at out for a whole w/e for at least the next 2 weeks:eek:. EO mentioned that he would probably go back up w/e after next.

FYI, that guy is out of control. Clown Shoes drop. Neck brace and all.:rolleyes:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
vibiker said:
Did it continue to rain?

We high-tailed it down to NS. It poured in the upper parking lot on Seymour for about 2 minutes, but then eased up and then stopped. Just enough wet to make CBC really fun.:blah:
It actually turned into a really nice afternoon. It only rained for about an hour.

Just got back from the hill today, and things are in awesome shape.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Good to meetcha Vbiker. I followed you down Heart of Darkness but you never looked back to see who was buzzing your tire..;) Good times. I woulda loved to ge a pic of Eric riding off Clownshoes with the neckbrace on! Crazy bastard. I guess since he already has a broken neck that he has no worries........?

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
vibiker said:
Why then did they close up shop at 4:30?
I dont know. I was walking up into the village, and noticed the lifts were not running.

Even though it turned out good, weather wise, there were still thunder clouds in the sky, so I think they just packed it in.