Quantcast

whistler help

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Alright so tomorrow I'm off to whistler except I've got a little time to do some prep/planning. last year I went for a weekend and found a great thread on RM with descriptions of most of the trails there, but i feel that I have scoured the web and cannot find a nice list like that. I know a few of the trails there, but have more time this time and want to make the most of it. If anyone has a descrip of a majority of the trails there (especially the ones which are not dirt merchant, a line, schleyer, etc) that would be awesome. I am also wondering what is the cheapest/ best shop for replacement parts/labor(in the village)? I figure I might run into bike problems there and cannot bring spare parts (im flying) so would like to know where I best be headed for successful repairs/purchases.
any help is greatly appreciated
-Max

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Land in Vancouver, drive to Seattle, and stock up on parts..., or at least look for spares somewhere in Vancouver. Wont be as cheap as the states, but will be half the price as stuff in whistler.

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
thats silly...

why wouldnt you just land in seatle, then drive to whistler.

im in whistler now. pretty much, you can do runs with out maps. just pick a chair, and pick a trail that souns interesting

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
After I wrote it I was thinking he should just fly to seattle, stock up, and then drive up. Its only 4 hours., and heck, no $20 tubes...

You will have a blast in Corvallis, Blackrock is close, and campus is sic. Willamette, Bend,...sic! I'm out in 3 weeks!

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
sounds like youre bringing your own bike. since youre packing it you can fit extra stuff. you will pay through the nose at whistler if you can get it at all. you can fit lots of **** in a bike box if you are careful.
bring a few tubes(4?) maybe a tire, maybe wheels if you have em, anything specific to your bike you have broken before, some spare bolts specific to your setup, a rear shock, a derailleur, cables, brake fluid/pads, maybe a spare rotor, basically anything that you are likely to break or that is not super easy or common to replace. also small/light things like shifters, chainguide parts, etc. hell maybe even a spare fork. the only thing you should have trouble packing in a regular bike box is the extra wheel. sure it might suck packing all that **** but its better than shelling out for a rental or sitting around when you could be riding.
oh yeah, have fun. :)

Last edited: