Quantcast

Whistler Huck Fest

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/events/huckfest.asp

any one go in the past? What are the DH races like? I dont think i could do the Super DH since i will probably be headed up that morning., but sundays Joyride DH may be fun.....
Ya, what D said. We will be up there for the closing weekend. I'm sure Kevin will be interested in the Sunday race. Maybe I'll be ready for Dh by then :dancing:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Certified Drunk said:
Maybe, they will have the huge road gap on slopestyle open for you! :D
It would be nice if they open up all the stunts built for Crankworx for this contest as well. It sucks to have to ride the chairlift up past all that good stuff and not be able to ride it when you come back down through the park. :mumble:

oly said:
http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/events/huckfest.asp

any one go in the past? What are the DH races like? I dont think i could do the Super DH since i will probably be headed up that morning., but sundays Joyride DH may be fun.....
Here's a description I just got in a press release:

Super D is a growing style of event integrating a climbing aspect to a traditional downhill time trial event. The trails will include several uphill sections on the way down.

Slopestyle will take place in the Boneyard and is open to all, with restricted features and limited tricks permitted.

Joyride DH held on Joyride's namesake trail, which has never been raced on, the upper and lower trails will be linked to provide a classic DH event.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bikegrrl said:
Here's a description I just got in a press release:

Super D is a growing style of event integrating a climbing aspect to a traditional downhill time trial event. The trails will include several uphill sections on the way down.

Slopestyle will take place in the Boneyard and is open to all, with restricted features and limited tricks permitted.

Joyride DH held on Joyride's namesake trail, which has never been raced on, the upper and lower trails will be linked to provide a classic DH event.
Karen,

Thanks for the onfo. Whistler's site didn't give a very good description of each event.
Do you plan on going up there and shooting? Let me know if your going to be up there.

Later,
Kim Eakin

Jun 18, 2004
I will be up there w/5 or 6 other hooligans that don't post on here much... I think I will race Super D on my new Vpx

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
From the bikepark website

Super D course:
Start Mid Station and climb Expressway to Too Tight.
Descend into Upper Angry Pirate.
Across After Atlantis and climb Easy Does It.
Drop into Golden Triangle then down World Cup Single Track.
From there, a fresh downhill trail called Devil's Cub.
Climb a section of Easy Does It to North West Passage
Down Lower Aline and across to Heart Of Darkness.
The Finish will be on the service road after another short climb.

Estimated time around 15 minutes with a ¼ uphill, ¾ down. All trails are Intermediate.

Joyride DH
Held on Joyride's namesake trail, which has never been raced on, the upper and lower trails will be linked to provide a classic DH event.
(The lower section would be very sketch in the wet)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
trailhacker said:
Corry thats a pretty sweet picture. With the Azonic so prominent you guys should see if you can get Kim in the catalog two years in a row?
Actually Kev, that shot was for Azonics 06 catalog as well as for a magazine ad. They ended up using probably twelve pics of Ben and I for this years catalog. I think we are 85% of all the shots in the catalog this year. It turned out really cool and it got some of Corey's pics published.

Oh, and by the way when you get a chance to check out the catalog look cloesely because your old white truck is in there plain as day from the PA race I beleive when you were parked up towards the top of the biker cross course. :thumb:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
PoserNewbie said:
From the bikepark website

Super D course:
Start Mid Station and climb Expressway to Too Tight.
Descend into Upper Angry Pirate.
Across After Atlantis and climb Easy Does It.
Drop into Golden Triangle then down World Cup Single Track.
From there, a fresh downhill trail called Devil's Cub.
Climb a section of Easy Does It to North West Passage
Down Lower Aline and across to Heart Of Darkness.
The Finish will be on the service road after another short climb.

Estimated time around 15 minutes with a ¼ uphill, ¾ down. All trails are Intermediate.

Joyride DH
Held on Joyride's namesake trail, which has never been raced on, the upper and lower trails will be linked to provide a classic DH event.
(The lower section would be very sketch in the wet)
Super D sounds fun - hmmm, maybe on my brand new Blur 4x. I hope it's nice this weekend.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Snacks said:
Are you going up Five?
Mmmm - all depends. If the weather is good I'd like to go up and try the Super D...never done a Super D before. But if it's crappy rainy weather then he-hell no. I'll be at Alki Starbucks sipping a tall Mocha and reading the paper instead. :thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Tootrikky said:
Are you ferries coming to huckfest, or are you gonna stroke each other off on this thread instead?

I don't know if I can make it. I was thinking of going to Post Canyon for the day on Saturday. Unless you want to pay for my gas, hotel, and entry fee's?

And watch who you are calling a fairy there buster.

Are you going?

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Thinking about heading up there tomorrow for a non-weekend experience. I'm thinking my last day of Whistler is not gonna be a structured/race day. It's getting cold up there and if your in a race you'll freeze your butt off waiting for your run. Not to mention you'll need to spend half your day on the same trail. And what if it does start pouring? Do you leave the race and your entry fee or stick it out and get frozen?

I'm such a downer! :eviltongu

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
:nopity:
Bullitrider said:
Thinking about heading up there tomorrow for a non-weekend experience. I'm thinking my last day of Whistler is not gonna be a structured/race day. It's getting cold up there and if your in a race you'll freeze your butt off waiting for your run. Not to mention you'll need to spend half your day on the same trail. And what if it does start pouring? Do you leave the race and your entry fee or stick it out and get frozen?

I'm such a downer! :eviltongu