Quantcast

Whistler in July

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
ThePriceSeliger said:
I'll be in the Pan Pacific. Keep in touch Kanter and we can get together. Is your wife going with?

Guy trip in July and family trip in August.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
How about riding with some skilled old guys around 25-30?

We ride Whistler a few days, Squamish a few days, then we head to the North Shore for a few days.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
We might be able to ride some outside of the Village, but we try to take adavantage of the mountain because the riding in Amarillo isn't super fun. I will probley want to get your phone number some time soon in case we loose touch.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am probably coming up to whistler; not sure when. I'm going to do the week long camp. I couldn't not do the camp, becasue my parents won't let my friend and I stay there ourselves. They wouldn't want to stay either as they were bored this year when I went.

So, I will mostly be doing a week long camp with a friend.

Kanter said:
How about riding with some skilled old guys around 25-30?

We ride Whistler a few days, Squamish a few days, then we head to the North Shore for a few days.
Old? Damn man, let me know when you're on the back side of 35, then we can talk! :D

That sounds like our trip this last summer. Too bad it was pouring rain the day we went down to Squamish. :mumble:

I think the plan this year is to do a Whistler/Squamish trip for a week or so and then come back for another week of just the Shore later on.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
ThePriceSeliger said:
Just fly and meet us in Vancuver and you can stay with me, my buddy Garrison, Mack from RM, and Dirt Jump P.1, we have all already talked about this.
time to start saving my money then.

Sep 8, 2004
I scheduled my two weeks vacation in that same time period. Not sure how of that time I'll spendin whistler, but I'll probably make an appearance, unless I'm still/re-broke.

-James.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
mtnbrider said:
I am probably coming up to whistler; not sure when. I'm going to do the week long camp. I couldn't not do the camp, becasue my parents won't let my friend and I stay there ourselves. They wouldn't want to stay either as they were bored this year when I went.

So, I will mostly be doing a week long camp with a friend.
My friend and I may be able to go, get a holtel room, and do our own thing w/o a camp. Maybe I will do a day camp or something. Maybe we could go up when you are going price.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
No plans yet, but I am going to Whistler for sure sometime this summer. Probibly in August, but I'll be sure to let yous know if its within that timeframe.

Gotta show up the other grommits. ;)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
.:Jeenyus:. said:
No plans yet, but I am going to Whistler for sure sometime this summer. Probibly in August, but I'll be sure to let yous know if its within that timeframe.

Gotta show up the other grommits. ;)
There should be a good showing of RM grommits.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
mtnbrider said:
They wouldn't want to stay either as they were bored this year when I went.
How could anyone be bored at whistler? There is soooo much to do outside of riding. I guess you have to like the outdoors though.

I'm going in late June [time-share availability]. Hope the top is open. I've only been there once, the weekend after crankworx ... lower trails were destroyed.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I feel really bad for all you guys that live far from Whistler and can only ride there once a year. Not to mention when you come you only ride Whistler and miss all the legendary riding nearby. Wait, never mind I don't feel bad at all.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
TtotheJ said:
I feel really bad for all you guys that live far from Whistler and can only ride there once a year. Not to mention when you come you only ride Whistler and miss all the legendary riding nearby. Wait, never mind I don't feel bad at all.
Yes you do. You feel terrible about it. You feel so guilty, that you are willing to share with us these nearby legends so that we may add a day to our once-a-year plans. Guilty, you feel. Bad. Your only hope from eternal damnation is to share. Redeem yourself now brother!! :evil:

[ok ok, perhaps I've had a bit too much Pendleton ... but the drama, it persuades you!!! :p ]

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Whistler is cool and all, but the REAL goods are in Squamish, the North Shore, and local Whistler trails. I would never drive or fly to Whistler and only ride Whistler. There are so many other trails in the area. The techy and steep trails are in the NS.

I cancelled our dates of July 7-15. I heard Garbonzo might not be open yet since they are getting so much snow. Im going to wait till June to make a set decision.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Yes you do. You feel terrible about it. You feel so guilty, that you are willing to share with us these nearby legends so that we may add a day to our once-a-year plans. Guilty, you feel. Bad. Your only hope from eternal damnation is to share. Redeem yourself now brother!! :evil:

[ok ok, perhaps I've had a bit too much Pendleton ... but the drama, it persuades you!!! :p ]
Your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, my powers are way beyond yours. Muhahahahaha.