Quantcast

Whistler in the Winter?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Anyone ever been? Is it worth the $$$$? If we go it would more for the other snow activies....snowshoeing and snowmobiling.

Thanks, Snacks

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I've noticed that most places require a fairly long min stay. For snow activities other than skiing, you can probably find a better deal.
We did one 4-5 day trip several seasons ago. We were blessed with 14" of fresh the first night so it was definitly worth it. Whistler isn't supposed to get "good" until feb when the prices really go up.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
buildyourown said:
I've noticed that most places require a fairly long min stay. For snow activities other than skiing, you can probably find a better deal.
We did one 4-5 day trip several seasons ago. We were blessed with 14" of fresh the first night so it was definitly worth it. Whistler isn't supposed to get "good" until feb when the prices really go up.
Ya, I was looking at the rate calendar and it's pretty expensive until my birthday weekend in mid-march :thumb: I can't really ski, only enough to damage myself....but those snowbikes look really fun!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yep, we went about 3 years ago for a week of boarding. We stayed at a relatively inexpensive place in the village. Maybe it was the Coast Listel? Can't remember the name but it was nice enough and convenient. We even rented snowmobiles one night for a 4 hour ride. Fun place, plus the rate on the dollar is always nicer than a kick in the pants.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Snacks said:
Ya, I was looking at the rate calendar and it's pretty expensive until my birthday weekend in mid-march :thumb: I can't really ski, only enough to damage myself....but those snowbikes look really fun!!!

snowbikes rock! mine is just waiting for some damn snow to fall :mad:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Snacks said:
Anyone ever been? Is it worth the $$$$? If we go it would more for the other snow activies....snowshoeing and snowmobiling.

Thanks, Snacks
For those kinda of things, naw wouldn't say so. Too expensive. Besides this year blow large monkey nuts for snow. We have nothing going on.

I would park myself in squamish and drive up here to do those. the snowmobiling on the glacier is supposed to be the **** and going up any of the mountains in the valley is good times too. snowshoeing, lots of that with all the bike trails buried.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Sean, do you have that for whistler or another mountain. Cause last time I checked they were banned on whistler.

If they are no longer banned I might just have a sport to play in the winter.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Roasted said:
Sean, do you have that for whistler or another mountain. Cause last time I checked they were banned on whistler.

If they are no longer banned I might just have a sport to play in the winter.
Thanks Rosted! Is the snow level really that low for the season. We weren't looking at coming up until March.

Oh, and those bike things.....you can rent them at Whistler.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
roasted - you need a guide to use them at whistler for open access...

down here, baker and snoqualmie allow them all over the mountain with no questions asked...

imagine a snowbmx dirtjump park!! :P

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
snacks - we have two of them...you will HAVE to come with for a day on the slopes..snowbmx style! ITLL BE FUN!!!!

there are no brakes. they are snowboards on the bottom, just with a continous radial cut...steel edges help you stop the same way a snowboard would....or you can go fred flinstone style and drag your heels :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
seand said:
roasted - you need a guide to use them at whistler for open access...

down here, baker and snoqualmie allow them all over the mountain with no questions asked...

imagine a snowbmx dirtjump park!! :P
That would be fun. Well I think it would be...could be dangerous too haha...